Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

I made a big mistake

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 23, 2016
I thought paying for premium areas with crowns was for ALL of the areas not just one. So I spent 5$ thinking that I could play the game but I bought 1 area (thinking I would get all) and spent the rest on packs because I thought I would be able to finish the game. I am sad now and cannot afford a membership now that I bought crowns.

Survivor
Jun 09, 2015
There should be a way to refund it if you talk to kingsisle.

Squire
Jul 18, 2009
TurtleFrog11 on Jul 25, 2016 wrote:
There should be a way to refund it if you talk to kingsisle.
I seriously doubt this. It is clearly stated here (link) that each area is a separate purchase. In all honesty I'm not sure how you thought that 750 crowns would buy the entire freaking game. You willingly spent the packs and it wasn't a technical error. I once requested crowns back for buying a furniture pack with crowns instead of gold by mistake and my request was denied. Don't get your hopes up and please pay more attention in the future.

Explorer
Jul 18, 2014
I have a way for free crowns
Take quizzes at freekigames and get up to 100 crowns per day if you score over 745%

Explorer
Jul 18, 2014
Mastermind
Jan 05, 2014
I do think buying areas for crowns is a really bad idea for most players. I kinda feel Kingisle should put up some sort of warning screen when people buy areas, explaining that most players find it far less expensive to simply buy a monthly membership. Buying the whole game's areas with crowns is a strategy that will not be less expensive than monthly memberships unless you play for several years. There are ways to buy a handful of exceptionally useful areas with crowns that can be useful to a player that will only be farming gear and breeding pets for a time and lets his membership lapse because he won't be questing. But only a player very experienced with the game would be able to do that without wasting money.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
DanTheTerrible on Oct 15, 2016 wrote:
I do think buying areas for crowns is a really bad idea for most players. I kinda feel Kingisle should put up some sort of warning screen when people buy areas, explaining that most players find it far less expensive to simply buy a monthly membership. Buying the whole game's areas with crowns is a strategy that will not be less expensive than monthly memberships unless you play for several years. There are ways to buy a handful of exceptionally useful areas with crowns that can be useful to a player that will only be farming gear and breeding pets for a time and lets his membership lapse because he won't be questing. But only a player very experienced with the game would be able to do that without wasting money.
It really depends on several factors. If you play the game a lot and like to speed through the worlds, a membership is cheaper. If you have limited time to play and it takes you a while to get through the worlds then crowns are cheaper. It also depends on the sales. You can get 90,000 crowns for the same price as a 1 year membership during some sales. That's enough to buy Up through Dragonspyre plus all side worlds and dungeon areas. I've seen some members that haven't progressed that far in the course of a year. It takes me about 2 months to take a wizard from start to finish through all the worlds, so clearly membership should be cheaper for me. But many players don't have the time to play that many hours a day. Basically, if you play the game for 2 years or more, crowns are cheaper and you own the areas forever. Membership only lasts as long as you keep paying.
I've been a member for 4 years now. With that same cost of one membership I could have 2 crown accounts and own all areas of the game on both.