Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

The Rat Drop Rate

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 27, 2011
I am going to try and make this short and sweet and I only made this account just to say this. This drop rate is absolutely ridiculous. I have been farming this boss for so many months I can't even keep count on how many useless Items I got for example, Reagents. I mean seriously? I can just farm regular minions for that or just buy the Reagent pack on the Crown Shop. I understand you have to be patient and all but people have lives. People can't just farm a boss for so long and get nothing unless you're lucky. And when you do get something good, it's the other schools gear. I feel like you did this on purpose because you want people to buy the chest's that is worth crowns. You may be able to fool every other kid on this game to buy crowns for that but not me. I have tried the chest so many times too and STILL got nothing. Plus, you only get like 1 item that is worth like 50 crowns and it's useless. Look, I am not saying it's impossible to get good gear on the Rat, Morganthe or Darkmoor but come on, at least increase the drop rate by a little bit! Because people have lives like I said and they can't spend hours just to get one good item.

Ty for listening to my venting.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
What gear are you farming him for? The decks, amulets and boots are the only things I've seen that are worth farming. They drop fairly regularly from my runs. Yes there are a lot of runs that give you junk, but it's also a single battle so runs don't take very long.

Survivor
Sep 28, 2008
I have similar luck. So many runs yet nothing to show for it. Haha, I can't even get the athame despite killing yevgeny 20+ times

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
I just don't think his stuff is that great compared to like Omen Stribog. I mean I guess if you are looking for a certain particular piece, but I don't know.

Remember as always, "With patience, victory is assured." -Professor Greyrose

Survivor
Oct 16, 2010
I managed to get the deck from my first run but then I only got junk from additional runs and chests. I do believe that they need to increase the drop rate of unique items that these bosses drop because Wizard101 isn't really fun when it's just a grind feast.

Survivor
Jul 11, 2016
been trying for weeks only managed to get the robe and amulet.

Squire
Oct 29, 2011
I got the ice deck on my myth. I kind of was hoping to get the myth deck.