Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

New to fire, returning player!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 07, 2023
Hello everyone! It's been quite some time since I last explored the spiral, I used to play a Death wizard back in the day and now made a new character, coming back as fire!

I've noticed a lot of changes, teleporters in Wizard City, spell upgrades, a completely new tree of spell to learn from other schools?! It's a lot to drink in, really. So I have a couple questions.

Firstly, im questing in Krokotopia right now, and I just learned you can use these crafting pieces to "upgrade" your spells, such as Fire Cat and Fire Elf, and I have no clue what to choose from! Right now I have the detonate upgrade mechanic type thing on my Fire Cat, which I guess instantly does damage of any fire damage-over-time spell thats active on the target. I was wondering if that was the right option.

Secondly, spell deck! I'm new to fire, I formerly played Death and Storm and need some advice on deck building. Right now my current deck is just the starter deck, with 2 Fairies, 2 Fire Cats, 3 Fire Elves, 2 Links, 3 Fire Blades, and 2 SunBirds. I occasionally swap Link for Fire Prism for any pesky fire enemies. Level 14 as im writing this!
Any advice for a new Pyromancer would be appreciated!