Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Question About Earth In Wizard101's Universe.

AuthorMessage
Delver
Nov 25, 2012
1. At the end of empyrea part 1 zander mentioned we're from Earth. How did he know that? And is the arcanum/spiral is aware of the existing of Earth?

2. Is Earth a world in the spiral? Or does it exists outside of it? A different Universe?

3. Will we ever get to explore Earth in the Wizard101 storyline Universe? And will we also get to learn about our origins, for example, how did we get to wizardcity, how did merle find us, and who were our parents?

I would love to get a response from the wizard101 storyline writters.

Survivor
Aug 07, 2011
I honestly hope they one day give us our origin story they did on pirate101 why not wizard101

Survivor
Nov 01, 2013
Honestly, it kind of surprised me/took me out of the world when I first joined Wizard101 and Merle Ambrose says I (the Wizard) am from a "world without magic," clearly implying Earth. Pirate101 never referenced anything about where we're supposed to be from. W101 broke the fourth wall, which isn't always a bad thing, but sometimes doing so can feel a little jarring. That's definitely how it was for me.

Also, if we're from Earth and we're humans, does that mean every other human NPC is from Earth too? What about Cyrus and Malistaire Drake, or Prospector Zeke, or Eloise Merryweather? I remember hearing something about more Earth references in the Selena Gomez storyline, but I haven't gotten to that Quest yet. Furthermore, what does that imply for Pirate101? Are human NPCs like Lieutenant Smollet, Boochbeard, Madame Vadima, and Captain Avery also from Earth? I thought they—like all NPCs, and even like our own characters—were just born in the Spiral.

And on the other hand, if humans in the Spiral are not from Earth and are just one of the many races in the Spiral like the Animals, then why are we special? How did we even get to the Spiral in the first place? As a published author, these sorts of questions must be answered!

You know, I really could go on longer about questions I've had about the Spiral in relation to Earth ever since I joined W101. (Note: I joined W101 two months ago and suddenly have these questions, whereas I joined P101 ten years ago and never once thought about where Earth was in relation to the Spiral.)

This may not be related (my apologies if it's off-topic, but I didn't want to make a whole another thread about it, LOL), but I wanted to ask this since it's another one of those "where does it all come from?" sorts of questions: What are the Skeletons and Undead/Ghosts/Spirits all ghosts/spirits OF? Apologies if this is worded a bit strangely. It's hard to form this question. Put simply, were Undead Skeletons humans once? They couldn't be an Animal since their bone structure doesn't fit anything except a human. But that raises the question of what happens in the afterlife in the Spiral. Right now, I'm left assuming that when a human Pirate or Wizard dies, they just become undead. But is that the case, or is there some sort of curse on these particular Undead? I've seen a lot of ghosts of particular Animals before in Pirate101 (Bison Spirits, for example, or the Valvida brothers in their sort of perdition), but what about the other more ethereal/spectral apparitions like Ghosts and Spirits that don't fit any mold? What are they ghosts/spirits OF? Or do they just...exist?

Ah...Spiral philosophy is rather fun, innit?

I know I'm reading into all this way too much, but the OP brought up a question that finally helped me let out some of the lore-based questions I've had for a while. XD (Thankee very much, Star Gator. ) If anyone knows the answers to any of my peculiar questions, please answer; I would love to know!

Diverteix-te and good hunting,
—Fiona IronFlame, Level 38 Diviner

Fiona IronFlame, Level 1 Pyromancer

Survivor
Nov 01, 2013
The Shadow Queen on Jul 20, 2023 wrote:
I honestly hope they one day give us our origin story they did on pirate101 why not wizard101
I agree. Did they really give the Pirate origin story, though? The player is an orphan, and they get to hear from their parents in the crystal cave thing in the Isle of Doom, and the only other thing we know is that the Pirate's mother was one of the explorers who went to El Dorado with Marco Pollo, Erika the Red, Catbeard, and the rest of the team. I don't believe we have any further information on who the Pirate's parents were or where they were from.

Sorry.... I know this is Wizard101, but I can't resist a good Pirate conversation.

Delver
Apr 05, 2022
Helpful Aurora Par... on Jul 27, 2023 wrote:
I agree. Did they really give the Pirate origin story, though? The player is an orphan, and they get to hear from their parents in the crystal cave thing in the Isle of Doom, and the only other thing we know is that the Pirate's mother was one of the explorers who went to El Dorado with Marco Pollo, Erika the Red, Catbeard, and the rest of the team. I don't believe we have any further information on who the Pirate's parents were or where they were from.

Sorry.... I know this is Wizard101, but I can't resist a good Pirate conversation.
Hey now! This is indeed a great conversation!

Survivor
Nov 01, 2013
Kyle IceWielder on Aug 1, 2023 wrote:
Hey now! This is indeed a great conversation!
Haha! Thank you very much, sir.