Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Sacred Charge greyed out when trying to cast

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 11, 2012
Hi Wizards,

Need some guidance on this.

I have been noticing for the past couple of weeks, that my Sacred Charge has been greyed out when trying to use it in combat.

I am a Pyromancer equipped with a Life Master Amulet. It has worked fabulously in the past but now it does not.

It's not an issue with the pips since, I have the amulet which allows me to use my pips for life spells.

If someone can look into this for me. It's one of my important spells that I use frequently and it's causing a damper when trying to tackle solo bosses or quests.

Squire
Jan 21, 2010
Eh, if the spell requires those new life pips to cast then you must have that many life pips first. As a death school main I noticed that some of my spells require death pips to cast. You need to set your deck to produce life pips if you want to cast a spell that specifically needs life pips. Btw, you can change what school pips you produce during battle, during that battle. You could have spells that need fire pips and spells that need life pips in the same deck. It would just be difficult to use.

Squire
Jan 21, 2010
I apologise, I didn't test anything before replying. Now that I have tested archmastery spells: sacred charge still costs 6 pips, however you aren't allowed to cast the spell unless you have a life school pip in your casting circle. Casting sacred charge will consume at least one life pip, and then 4 pips worth of other pips.

(4) = (6) but you must have a life pip before you are allowed to cast it. I don't think a life mastery amulet will allow you to count fire pips as if they were life pips, I didn't test mastery amulets though.

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
Zebulous Newt is right. You need an Archmastery Rating and to manifest a Life school pip.

See this guide here: https://www.swordroll.com/2022/11/wizard101-archmastery-school-pips-guide-how-to.html