Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Nerfing Azteca and Khrysalis

AuthorMessage
Delver
Nov 25, 2012
Wizard101 is in their 4th arc and soon we'll be heading to the 5th arc , and it lead me to think about the time it takes player to progress in the game from start to finish and I came to an interesting conclusion.

In the past Kingsisle made sure every new world would be harder than the previous one which also lead to khrysalis and azteca to be the longest and hardest worlds to complete for an average player, but then they made the next worlds after arc 2 more easy to quest in because they couldn'tmake it more harderthan it was. Thou I do see the differences in the difficulty between polaris mirage and empyrea to complete, they are still possible to be challenging and fun enough to quest in and also the new worlds of arc 4.
In the other hand, Azteca and khrysalis are extremely difficult to progress in and feels exhausting and doll to old players and also new players because they can't make it throu also the new worlds Kingsisle put out and then we give up fast. For example, the bosses have high health and many pips to use and cast powerful spells at the beginning of a battle- most people would look for a max level to help them or try to team up but a help isn't always available.

That's why I think it would be a great idea to nerf Azteca and khrysalis to help the players get to the new worlds and enjoy the game more.
Watcha think?
Also wpuld like to hear what the devs think if they open the replies to this post

Defender
Feb 03, 2012
Hey! I only made it to Celestia and finished Grizzleheim/Wintertusk so far (Oh the shame!) And the cheating bosses are already too hard for me. Couldn't handle all the Waterworks cheats. I also HATE grinding and farming and searching for top gear. Luck is almost NEVER on my side, so I cannot fathom how many pointless battles I would have to do if I farmed. I am a patient person and yet, that takes more than I have. I don't have the time either. I really love wiz for the family friendly story, lore, endearing characters, and colorful worlds. NOT the repetition.
With difficulty I feel like it boils down to not skill issue, but figuring out what to do. When you know what to do, most problems are solved. I honestly wouldn't like it too much if the game got much harder then where I am right now, but I know it will. On one hand, it feels wonderful to succeed after things looked impossible. On the other hand, its just not fun if its too hard. Asking for a world nerf doesn't have to mean you are lazy or bad at games, it means you wish for a more pleasant experience. Not everything in life has to be hard-core and daunting, especially if its meant for enjoyment. I'm all for it if will improve my experience rather than rob me of feeling accomplished. Based on what some players say about Khrysalis, it's likely to improve experience. Now if you asked for a nerf of the first arc, I'd disagree. And here I am struggling in arc 2 with cheating bosses. Oh the shame! Lol. But I've played more complex games than Wiz101 so I can definitely get further. I don't know about to arc 4 though. In conclusion, Nerf those bad boys save the difficulty for later in the game! Now older players will get angry that they had to suffer while new players get off easy. I would say more power to them, but they'd say its not fair. Perhaps a difficulty toggle would be in order? Also, how hard is Khrysalis and Azteca compared to Lemuria?

Defender
Dec 27, 2014
Star Gator on Sep 30, 2022 wrote:
Wizard101 is in their 4th arc and soon we'll be heading to the 5th arc , and it lead me to think about the time it takes player to progress in the game from start to finish and I came to an interesting conclusion.

In the past Kingsisle made sure every new world would be harder than the previous one which also lead to khrysalis and azteca to be the longest and hardest worlds to complete for an average player, but then they made the next worlds after arc 2 more easy to quest in because they couldn'tmake it more harderthan it was. Thou I do see the differences in the difficulty between polaris mirage and empyrea to complete, they are still possible to be challenging and fun enough to quest in and also the new worlds of arc 4.
In the other hand, Azteca and khrysalis are extremely difficult to progress in and feels exhausting and doll to old players and also new players because they can't make it throu also the new worlds Kingsisle put out and then we give up fast. For example, the bosses have high health and many pips to use and cast powerful spells at the beginning of a battle- most people would look for a max level to help them or try to team up but a help isn't always available.

That's why I think it would be a great idea to nerf Azteca and khrysalis to help the players get to the new worlds and enjoy the game more.
Watcha think?
Also wpuld like to hear what the devs think if they open the replies to this post
Azteca and Khrysalis have been nerfed already and doesn't need nerfing further. Barring a few dungeons in each they are not overly hard any more unless you are still wearing the gear Merle Ambrose gave you on your first day. The game needs to have some challenge even in the second arc to prepare players for what's to come. Sometimes having to struggle a bit helps you rise to the challenge. I suggest you look into appropriate battle gear, pet hatching, Tower shields, Fortify etc etc. Everything a wizard needs to progress is in game to help for most areas. It's only certain dungeons in higher worlds where you need perfect stats, team mates making perfect scripted moves etc that are unreasonably hard.

Survivor
Mar 31, 2011
I think at this point it would be a really hard thing for the devs to nerf 2 whole worlds

Astrologist
Dec 31, 2009
Dino Kid 123 on Oct 3, 2022 wrote:
I think at this point it would be a really hard thing for the devs to nerf 2 whole worlds
They already did, its pretty easy now tbh.

Defender
Dec 27, 2014
Mackenzie Moondrea... on Oct 1, 2022 wrote:
Hey! I only made it to Celestia and finished Grizzleheim/Wintertusk so far (Oh the shame!) And the cheating bosses are already too hard for me. Couldn't handle all the Waterworks cheats. I also HATE grinding and farming and searching for top gear. Luck is almost NEVER on my side, so I cannot fathom how many pointless battles I would have to do if I farmed. I am a patient person and yet, that takes more than I have. I don't have the time either. I really love wiz for the family friendly story, lore, endearing characters, and colorful worlds. NOT the repetition.
With difficulty I feel like it boils down to not skill issue, but figuring out what to do. When you know what to do, most problems are solved. I honestly wouldn't like it too much if the game got much harder then where I am right now, but I know it will. On one hand, it feels wonderful to succeed after things looked impossible. On the other hand, its just not fun if its too hard. Asking for a world nerf doesn't have to mean you are lazy or bad at games, it means you wish for a more pleasant experience. Not everything in life has to be hard-core and daunting, especially if its meant for enjoyment. I'm all for it if will improve my experience rather than rob me of feeling accomplished. Based on what some players say about Khrysalis, it's likely to improve experience. Now if you asked for a nerf of the first arc, I'd disagree. And here I am struggling in arc 2 with cheating bosses. Oh the shame! Lol. But I've played more complex games than Wiz101 so I can definitely get further. I don't know about to arc 4 though. In conclusion, Nerf those bad boys save the difficulty for later in the game! Now older players will get angry that they had to suffer while new players get off easy. I would say more power to them, but they'd say its not fair. Perhaps a difficulty toggle would be in order? Also, how hard is Khrysalis and Azteca compared to Lemuria?
Celestia is much easier than wintertusk! So don't worry about that and there are very few cheating bosses. I understand your feelings about farming for gear. Especially when I was on my first wizard I was in the same boat as you. I would highly recommend that you start crafting if you haven't already. Crafting offers some very good alternative gear to farming from wintertusk , zafaria and upwards through the second arc. This can help you no end.

Working on a good pet will put you in good stead as well.

Many of the repetitive quests in the first two arcs have been removed saving no end of time, minimising the amount of minion battles for pointless reasons.

I would also suggest considering doing side quests.. So many players these days do not do them and are as such under levelled. Yes I know it takes more time but with extra levels, you learn higher-level spells when you might be in a lower world. This helps you and your questing a great deal. Additionally the extra levels give you extra health.

The entire second arc has already been nerfed a great deal.

As for Khrysalis versus Lemuria, There's no comparison! My death which has very strong gear(High damage and resist), obviously can I hit and heal back, Has been playing solo and been killed a number of times. I'm not talking about end of world dungeons or anything extreme. The equivalent In Khrysalis wouldn't be much trouble, only taking time enough to kill.

I would recommend getting tower shield (Ice)trained along with fortify (the star trainer in celestia – the base camp) to help you