Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Solo/Casual Player Accommodation

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 12, 2013
I would like to see Wizard101 become more accommodating to solo players, whether that be by scaling mobs, or scaling the amount of mobs you are forced to fight within a battle.

My Perspective:

I have been playing this game off and on since it launched in 2008 and I have highly enjoyed the game, the spells, the worlds, and the rest the game has to offer. One of my issues is that the game, beyond a certain point, forces me to team up with other players. This has been made extremely easy with the group finder at the front of dungeons/boss fights. However, I avoid this method as often as possible, because it often ruins a pivotal part of the game for me: Discovering new class spells and abilities for myself. When I jump in a battle with others, I watch them cast their awesome spells, which then spoils the mystery of each class and their spells, and I lose all desire to give that class a try.

I could also attempt to find a group in-game, but then you are either dedicating your time to playing at certain times, progressing daily/semi-daily, or getting left behind. I tend to be fairly busy, and I only find time to play once or twice a week, and I am a super casual player. I love to explore every inch of a world, explore the crafting, the quests, the spells. For me, exploration is part of makes the game magical. That being the case, when I am bottlenecked at Celestia, I tend to be a bit bummed.

I may be in the minority, but I feel like there may also be a good chunk of players that are similar to me, or would like the ability to just hop on by themselves when there is nothing else to do, make a new class they've never played before, and just casually make their progress through the game. Now, I'm not saying make the fights any easier, just scalable. For instance: a 4v4 difficulty is roughly as difficult as a 3v3, 2v2, or 1v1.

The 2 easiest ways I can think of solving this are:

1: Make mob stats scale up/down depending on the number of players that are in either in the fight itself, or by the number of players in a group

2: Make the number of mobs in a fight, be equivalent to the number of players in a fight.

I would love to see what other think of this idea, and if anyone has anything to add to it. So if you have any perspective or ideas, please post your response.

Survivor
Nov 27, 2010
It would be nice if this could also be turned off, if it ever became an option