Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Potential solution to bazaar hoarding

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 24, 2010
(Not sure if this is even considered a problem from KI's perspective, but the idea just came to mind a second ago.)

My post mainly concerns reagents / treasure cards in the bazaar. Years ago, the bazaar never *really* ran out of items. If an item was sold-out, a large quantity of it would be back in seconds. Nowadays, with a much reduced player base (as can be seen from only about 3 or 4 of the 36 realms being full at peak hours of the week), the bazaar has become a much more difficult place to shop for otherwise scarce items.

I never would have crafted my GH house from back then in today's game, because I already spent a ton of time back then sniping materials in the bazaar to transmute. Doing so today would be a miserable way to spend your days. Transmuting has become a very undesirable option with today's market, especially with bazaar hoarders.

Of course I could suggest the obvious: to revise the crafting recipes (especially transmutes) in an effort to cut down on the necessary materials. But I have a feeling you've received that suggestion many times already.

Instead, my suggestions are likely simpler from the devs' perspective, and have a more mitigative rather than preventative effect: Remove the "Buy more" option, and remove the confirmation ("yes / no") screen when buying an item.

This would make it so that in order to buy items in bulk, one would have to spam-click the "Buy" button. Not only would this distribute the items to more buyers (instead of one lucky buyer taking everything), but it also would discourage players from buying out the entire bazaar's reagent stock (since it would be a bit more of a time commitment).

I only put in the second suggestion to still keep mass-buying somewhat easy, but if just the first suggestion got implemented, those items would get distributed to even more people (and hoarding would be discouraged even more).

Thanks for coming to my TED Talk.