Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Require housing tours houses to be half full

AuthorMessage
Delver
Mar 30, 2014
Many of us are touring houses for the spiral scene event. Currently, there is a minimum of 50 items required in a house for it to be listed on housing tours. For the larger houses this isn't nearly enough. I've toured thousands of houses and I've never seen a mostly-empty house that I felt was interesting to see or worth my time. I'd like to suggest that houses be required to have at least 50 items but also be at least half full to be listed. That's 125 items for the large houses and I don't think it's too much to ask people to put in the effort to halfway decorate a house if they want other people to put in the effort to tour and rate it. There are far too many huge houses on tours that are nearly empty. This isn't fun to tour. I personally think that people should respect the time of the players who are touring their houses and not be listing junky house with random pets milling about or everything they won in krokotopia strewn about on the lawn, but there isn't really a good way to screen for this. But KI can at least screen out mostly-empty houses. I hope that more players will consider that other players are spending their game time looking at these houses and unless they actually have decorated the house, it doesn't belong in castle tours.

Defender
Jan 01, 2009
I agree. I just put some houses on the tour. I hate empty houses. My wizard Michael Moonrider has a red barn farm that has a Christmas room with sound and motion. Lots of stuff to look at and interact with. The Lifehouse has stuff all over the wheres. . My other wizard, Michael Nightgem has a red barn farm with lots of stuff and a tree house it took me a couple of years to build. He also has a massive fantasy palace with all kinds of elder gardens, some double stacked, secret passages, go enjoy. Welcome to my homes. And there are transport tapestries everywhere.

Defender
May 27, 2013
I would settle for one fourth full. There are some well done minimalists. But do please block *empty* (or near empty) houses. Even a five year old can figure out how to plunk down an item.

On that note, I understand, I can get frustrated with the 'random stuff everywhere' approach, too. However, we need to step back and consider that it may well be the efforts of a child, or someone mentally disabled, or maybe this player is just learning and has never had the opportunity to see better things in life. Hopefully the latter will eventually learn, but we should give people the benefit of the doubt.