Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Grizzleheim & Wintertusk or Marleybone

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 10, 2022
I’ve finished Wizard City, Krokotopia, Wysteria, and I have Zeus gear from Mount Olympus and was wondering if I should start Marleybone first, then Grizzleheim & Wintertusk, Grizzleheim & Wintertusk, then Marleybone, or even doing Grizzleheim, Marleybone, Wintertusk, what do you think?

Survivor
Aug 19, 2011
Take it from a veteran player, that Grizzleheim tends to be a waste of time xp wise. Don’t get me wrong, I enjoy the story and the scenery, but the xp gained is painfully low and each zone is level restricted, with the final zone requires players to be at least level 40. Entry into Wintertusk is barred until you are at least level 50 and is a gold mine for xp. I would recommend questing through the main storyline until you are level 50, then go back and go through all of Grizzleheim in one sitting. This is not only easier, but makes the storyline more fluid and is a good lead into Wintertusk. If you are burning for some side world questing, try wisteria. Otherwise quest the main storyline.

Defender
Jan 16, 2010
My recommendation:

- Marleybone
- MooShu
- Dragonspyre
- Grizzleheim
- Wintertusk
- Celestia, and so on.

Wintertusk would be very hard if you've only gotten through Krokotopia and Wysteria. Having Zeus gear will help you progress enormously, but Wintertusk in particular is geared so it's a challenge for Level 50+'s. Of course, this also depends on what class you are. Some of my character classes have progressed faster through it than others. (My Life absolutely flew through it, for example.)

And as for the main battle in Wintertusk (the end world battle) - you don't have to do that right away if you don't want to, as there aren't any spells or quests that depend on it. I didn't do it on my life until she finished Khrysalis. Then again, I also soloed the battle with crowns minions, so.. to each their own.

There is also the fact that certain areas in Grizzleheim (and Wintertusk itself) are level locked. You can only get certain quests at certain levels, so it's to your benefit to do the other worlds. Plus, you get spells and quests necessary for your progression in later worlds.