Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Housing Items: Water

AuthorMessage
Defender
May 27, 2013
I know the title seems like a joke, but I very sincerely desire water. I really want an un-edged (or very, very, low edged) pond or small marsh. The closest we have is the brick-walled pond. It’s very nice, but has some major problems when what one wants is a medium to large-sized water feature. The logical way to achieve the size is through house magic. The pond grows, but so does the wall! The wall hides the pond and anything one may have wanted to place in it. It also lacks that sense of being natural.

On a bigger scale (as far as development goes), I would love to see a “garden waterworks” bundle or recipes (as in Castle Blocks) or even perhaps packs. I would enjoy creating (assembling) my own waterfalls and streams.

Thanks for reading!

Delver
Mar 30, 2014
Water is not a joke at all. I want water too! Many players enjoy making water displays and have been wanting more water options. I'd like to have water textures for castle blocks that are real animated water textures, not just static, and the floor of the water would be the lower surface of the block so it would have a little depth that players could wade in. There could be flowing river water and more still lake water and it would be wonderful to have waterfall blocks as well. These could be part of a set of landscape blocks with textures like grass, dirt, rocks, sand, with riverbanks, lake shores, to edge the water blocks, and also various slopes and cliffs. Players really enjoy making buildings with castle blocks and I think such landscape blocks would be very popular.

KI has made a lot of flashy housing items lately. They look cool but often don't really lend themselves to much creativity. I've seen many houses with the most recent "wow" housing items simply plunked down and honestly all those houses look the same to me. But a lot of decorators are really craving some more basic and versatile decor elements that we can use to create our own designs. There are currently very few options for outdoor flooring.

I hope that KI will also keep in mind that decor projects often require many items. Allowing them to be fairly easily crafted, as most of the castle blocks are, would be reasonable. Making players buy packs or grind excessively to obtain them wouldn't be well-received. Thanks for considering.

Defender
May 27, 2013
All right, you got me. The Tranquil Pond is better. All in the timing, eh?

Still, I do wish that there could be less of a visible boarder (invisible?), so that one pond edge could be merged with another less obviously.

Or maybe I just want a house in the swamp. LoL.
Thanks for reading.