Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Level Lock Improvements

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 21, 2013
The current ability to lock your level is really nice, especially for players that do PVP and want to stay a certain level while still being able to... well actually play the game.

The issue however comes from the secondary objective of this mechanic, that being letting players challenge themselves and see how far they can get, for me I decided to lock my level at 66 (So I could use the Sidhe Staff)
The idea, is perfectly fine and I love it. HOWEVER the problem comes just 25 levels after you are first able to lock your level, and that problem comes from Azteca.

Now, here's the thing: I understand why you should lock some quests behind the players level, to prevent them from learning a spell they shouldn't have yet. But by locking the main quest behind a level barrier as Azteca does (With the minimum being level 75), this entire mechanic becomes somewhat obsolete outside of PVP, which again yes is its main purpose, but when it was announced it was also pitched as a way to challenge yourself and idk about you but if a challenge only lasts 25 levels (or 9 in my case) then its not much of a challenge to be only allowed 3 worlds to do that challenge.

TLDR: Please lift main questline level restrictions if you are Level Locked, I just want to play the game ;-;

Squire
Apr 18, 2013
Please read this topic for more improvements for this feature:
www.wizard101.com/forum/halstons-laboratory/level-lock-flaw-8ad6a425806f3b6a018080cb7afe6d66?page=1

Level Locking needs to be more transparent. It would be nice if it can include for us to choose how much xp we can unlock from it at a time. I do NOT want to level up twice from unlocking it once.

Delver
Mar 10, 2015
Yes I agree, I at first considered doing the insane god challenge and stream it, but then I realized it would not work because of that reason. What is it? It’s a custom questing rule set similar to Nuzlock.

1) you are locked to being 1/10th of the level recommended for X region + 5. What this means is that by the time your doing lvl 150 content, you can be lvl 15.

2) you do the run exclusively with other players, revives are allowed, and so are deaths.

3) Pet may casts are allowed, so are Kruger Gems. [spoiler Bulwark is almost mandatory]

4) Jade gear is not allowed, all other crown gear is fine . Your only allowed bazaar gear.

5) your allowed all monstology, to tank and heal your team mates while your running back. Once your back. The monstrology minion must be sacrificed with minion spells.

I would do this if the restrictions would be removed, alas it is impossible to do so as it currently exists.