Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Castle Magic tips and tricks for a beginner?

AuthorMessage
Astrologist
Feb 12, 2015
I have just recently bought myself a Sultan's Palace house as part of this weekend's Throwback Thursday event, and want to decorate it to show off my collection of Monstrology House Guests. I want to add some extra flair with a bit of Castle Magic, but am completely new to using it. Are there any helpful tips and tricks that those inclined to House decoration can share with a beginner?

Survivor
Apr 21, 2011
A delayed response, but nevertheless, if you are still interested, my initial advice would be to find some guides. There are some great written guides on several fansites as well as video guides on YouTube (HousingHQ in particular has a nice series). If you'd like some tips here and now, I'll instead of you some basic tips myself (most people are probably going to recommend this same setup to beginners, because it is relied upon by EVERYONE who uses Castle Magic):
Use timers and reflectors to grow, shrink, or apply other visual/physical changes to tons of objects in your house. Magic Timers work by activating a spell after a certain amount of time that you decide. They can start as soon as you enter your house, on demand, and can repeat if you set them to. Magic Reflectors can hold up to 8 spells at once. This is important because most other castle magic items can only hold 1 spell for each activation. Reflectors let you do more with each activation. If you put an activate reflector spell in the ON timer slot of a Magic Timer, then target it to a Magic Reflector, you can put 8 spells in the reflector that will all activate at the same time. This means if you want to grow 8 items, you can do so all at once with just the two items. And that's not all; if you target a new reflector with one of those 8 slots, it will also activate all of its spells. You can chain together as many reflectors as you like. Furthermore, setting the timer to repeat will grow or shrink all of the items their maximum amount. Turning off repeat will make the spells only activate once. There are many ways to adjust and improve upon this technique using extra items, but that is the basic concept for reflector chains and how you can use them to help modify your house's decorations.

If you'd like to try making something more complex or systematic, you can find some guides you like or just wing it. I think there are many great guides, but I'm more the type to prefer learning how things work myself. It was enough for me to set ambitious goals and work through my misconceptions about how Castle Magic works. Eventually I developed the understanding that has led way to making some really fun and unbelievable new projects a reality!