Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

5 minute chess timer

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 17, 2010
Sounds good on paper, reality is that it's easy to abuse and win via timer. I'm a long time player, and I miss long games. Strategy, dueling. WIth reshuffle limits, the long games are fixed. (limited bubbles, limit reshuffle even more) OHK or stalling via timer is not fun and I am considering being done with it. If this is what the game is supposed to be now, forget it. With timer stalling strat roshambo is meaningless ( and roshambo is pretty cool).

Survivor
Dec 16, 2010
Does anyone else see a need to change this back to Diego? Or at least add Diego with it as well. I just played a match against an Ice who only spam shields to avoid time penalty. I was queuing on my balance and it's impossible to one shot him at level 65 when he also has 70+ resist. Add Diego with the timer. No way I should do 4k+ damage and the guy hits me with a wand one time and I lose because I ran out of time. It honestly makes me want to avoid pvp and just go to pve, and I used to be a pvp fanatic. I know KI in the past has issues with listening to the community but I feel like this is something that should be changed. Especially if you want the pvp scene to continue to exist. Put a 10 minute timer on matches as a whole and decide it by damage.

Defender
Sep 15, 2013
AstroLeague on Jan 3, 2022 wrote:
Does anyone else see a need to change this back to Diego? Or at least add Diego with it as well. I just played a match against an Ice who only spam shields to avoid time penalty. I was queuing on my balance and it's impossible to one shot him at level 65 when he also has 70+ resist. Add Diego with the timer. No way I should do 4k+ damage and the guy hits me with a wand one time and I lose because I ran out of time. It honestly makes me want to avoid pvp and just go to pve, and I used to be a pvp fanatic. I know KI in the past has issues with listening to the community but I feel like this is something that should be changed. Especially if you want the pvp scene to continue to exist. Put a 10 minute timer on matches as a whole and decide it by damage.
You don't need Deigo if you limit reshuffle to one and do away with jade healers. Both death and life are op when it comes to healing and jading. Death has the biggest advantage in the game, especially now with the secondary school option. I shouldn't lose to timer because I can't do enough damage with limited pips and combo options. I shouldn't lose to timer because my own backlash does more damage to me than my opponent. We've come full circle. What started the updates with nerfing jading and healing is now in a buff on jading and healing. Wiz isn't fixing anything; they just have us playing on a merry-go-round of false hope.

Delver
Mar 31, 2015
100% agree. Double the timer current length and it's just about balanced. Also reduce the auto-docking of 5 seconds per turn to one second.