Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

General Ideas and Changes

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 28, 2012
I'm an Old player coming back and playing the past week I've gained a lot of opinions;

- If you have 2 power pips and decide to use 1 pip you should have 1 power pip and 1 pip after using the spell if you have mastery in that school. Why are you punished for being better? I started playing in 2012 why isn't this in the game in 2021?

-"strike fast and hard - like lightning. While they excel at dishing out a tremendous amount of damage very quickly, they're also very fragile" this is part of the intro that you get when you make a storm character which seems true as you're playing the early game but just find out it isn't.
Mid to late game everyone else is tankier than you and do more! (Fire Wizards) or similar damage. The longer you play as the storm the worse it gets waiting for 9 pips to cast siren hardly feels like I'm striking "fast and hard" its virtually impossible to solo as a Storm Wizard later on cause you're a wet paper bag holding a pretty good sword but you need to stretch while enemies hurl rank 4+ spells at you that crit. Or even change the introduction text because playing as a Storm Wizard is the equivalent of being a microwave on life-support not the lightning fast DPS class it claims to be.

-I suggest there be different balancing for PVE and PVP as nerfing something for PVP and it affecting PVE is ridiculous.

- 5 out of 7 classes in the game right now do on varying levels what they promise. (they match their themes)
1. Life - Healing class
2. Death - Self Sustaining class and that theme is kept pretty well
3. Fire - DoT class which could have more DoT Spells but Dragon and Rain of Fire who can complain
4. Balance - Is actually pretty balanced, CRAZY! They excel in support and dabble in everything literally in their intro
5. Ice - Tanky with weaker damage, nailed that weaker damage part right on the head.

Again while not perfect the above classes provide what they promise to varying degrees, but the Myth school is in a confused state.

Myth - Supposed to be the summoner/utility class but got stuck in the middle due to not committing to other side

- Minions Myth have access to don't feel like you're playing a class specialized in using minions nothing separates them from other minions other schools have and why would you waste a turn on an ordinary minion (talking about using minion related spells) I feel myth should drop the minion thing all together and just stick to utility mythological monster theme or seriously buff their minions.

- Orthrus should have his old 50 hit before the actually hit back and still hit everyone this isn't OP, Dragon, Rain of Fire and Snow Angel basically do the same thing. Orthrus just being a basic hit all doesn't seem like much utility, with the exception of Orthrus every spell after Earthquake has a utility effect so why not my boy Orthrus?

-Good change I've noticed is that hit all spell animation is simultaneous which is amazing, awesome change.

-I want to be able to see the percentage of my crit and crit block if I hover over it. There clearly is a percentage as you see it when selecting healing spells so why isn't part of the game. Been 6 years since I left and it still hasn't been added.