Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

One question is unicorn talent good or bad?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 12, 2021
I got it on my life wizard since I know it could help for everyone in the battles or i should get new life pet?

I would love get some answers

Explorer
Jun 06, 2009
It depends on what you're looking for tbh. I have multiple pets on my Life, depending on what role I'm serving (solo, tank, healer, etc.) & what I'm fighting.
I typically solo, so my main pet is a quint damage (mighty, pain-bringer & giver, life-giver & dealer, plus a life-boon jewel), and then I have a triple-double (mighty, pain-bringer, life-dealer, spell-proof & defy, life-giver jewel) for when I want more resist.
When I'm fighting with others and serving as more of a healer role, I have a pet with medic, magnificent mender, guiding light, & spell-proof & defy, plus a healer jewel. I used to have one that had unicorn instead of defy, but because a decent amount of bosses have cheats triggered by heals, I kept having to swap out the pet whenever I entered one of those battles. Guiding light has the same issue, but because it doesn't get triggered nearly as much & the cheats are usually just removing the blade rather than actually doing something detrimental, it didn't seem like as big of a problem to me.
Overall, Unicorn isn't a bad talent to have on a healing pet (it's the best maycast heal imo), but you just have to be aware that it may be unusable for a decent amount of battles. Also, if you were planning on keeping unicorn on your main pet, I would highly advise against it if you play with others all the time. This is just me being nitpicky, but it can be annoying when I'm in a team trying to farm something & someone's pet keeps doing maycast heals or legion shields or something. They're not bad talents and I appreciate the heals, but it tends to make the battle significantly longer than it needs to be, especially when it's something really simple where we don't need healing.

Survivor
May 29, 2011
It can be really good if you have a situated premade team, meaning more strategical. But if you're playing by yourself, you can really just use it to heal yourself, or random teammates. It's a good spell regardless because it is AOE heals.

Survivor
Jan 02, 2012
I think it's a good spell!

As a current Death student (and former Life student), I think it's not as effective as life-steal spells (ie. Ghoul, from Death School) but that's just because my playstyle is me being very impatient (hehe).

Try out different spells from different schools and see what you like best! Don't focus on "meta". That's just my opinion though.

Survivor
Mar 22, 2011
I find unicorn to be my favorite. I solo a lot (there are only a very few bosses through Azteca I haven't soloed) and use an old school triple healing SPUDF pet with Fairy Friend, Spritely and Unicorn. For me, Unicorn seems to have the most frequent casting of all and has essentially the same healing as Fairy Friend. I love this one a lot .

(I am back hatching looking for Unicorn and Energizing Battery instead, with Proof Defy and two damage boosts. Telling that of the three that I have now, Unicorn is the one I want to keep. )

Survivor
Oct 26, 2009
My main pet on my life wizard (lvl138ish) has fiary friend, sprite, unicorn and healing current. It makes it so I can put more hit spells in my deck instead of mostly heals. She keeps me from dying and also heals anyone i'm playing with so I don't have to all that often.