Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Castle magic ideas

AuthorMessage
Delver
Mar 30, 2014
Here are some ideas for castle magic, I think they could open up a lot of fun possibilities. Thanks for reading, and I'd love to see more ideas and discussion from other castle magic fans.

1. Fast move--my animations look like they are in slow motion! More speed options = better.

2. Teleport triggering player card. The current teleport player teleports the player who is closest to the destination and while that is useful, it can lead to chaos if multiple players are in the house.

3. Directional teleport objects, similar to the directional move objects we have.

4. Remove hit box card. So players can walk through or not get stuck in items.

5. Move player with me card so that a player can "ride" a carpet or other walkable object without having to keep moving to stay on it.

6. Allow a decimal place on timers. 1 second intervals is not fine enough for some uses.

7. Restore item position card. The restore cards fully restore the original state of the item. But sometimes we just want to put it back to the start but not undo the magic we've used to alter its appearance.

8. Suppress label card. I'd love to get rid of all the text associated with items, pets, houseguests, trophies, use X items, etc. We could have a way to suppress each category in case labels on one category are wanted.

9. Sequencer castle magic items. A timed sequencer would activate one card after a specified time, then the next after a specified time and so on. A countup sequencer would activate one card on 1, next card on 2, and so on. These functions can be gotten by chaining together other items, but it’s clunky.

10. Better, more detailed player detection. Sometimes the player detector isn't big enough but the room detector is too big. Then I have to fiddle with positioning a room detector at a distance to achieve the radius of detection I need. Would be nice to have more radius options on the room detector and also give the units so we don't have to measure it. A new kind of player detector where we could set ranges of coordinates x, y, and z would be versatile and easier to fit together than spheres. I don't know if there is a way to do this but the more info we have on the player, the better (direction they are moving or facing).

11. Turn toward nearest player card (as opposed to turn toward me, which turns toward the triggering item).

12. Orbit move card—allow us to select a distance and direction of a center to orbit.

13. Cards to add (to the inside) or change (outside) the skybox of a house to that of another house.

14. Cards to brighten and dim the ambient lighting.

15. Card to apply a permanent spotlight (vertical, horizontal, or angled) to an item

Explorer
Apr 15, 2017
I would ESPECIALLY love a "Speed Up" and "Slow Down" item card for movement spells. This would open a lot of options for some castle magic ideas.

"Restore state" of a singular object would also be a very nice card. It seems that restore single item only affect position and not other stuff like visibility. Would be nice for a single-target restore state card.