Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Team Up and higher-rank wizards.

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 22, 2021
This is a (hopefully) constructive rant about a rather minor matter.

To begin, I love the Team Up kiosk and it's a favorite past time of mine. I often have to pull myself away from it to finish quests. Helping others out with dungeons they're having trouble with brings me a lot of joy and it's useful in gaining extra XP, to boot! I have a pet peeve, though.

I've observed that higher-rank wizards tend to make a run for the first sigil of the combat circle. During the first phase of the battle, they're first up to cast a one-hit defeat spell for every enemy in the circle, leaving the rest of us with little to no XP because we didn't get a chance to participate. This usually happens right after the questing novice-to-adept wizard (given that the dungeon is not a farming instance) finishes listening to the dialogue and enters the circle, too.

This is nothing personal towards higher-rank wizards, of course. I also feel obligated to say that not all higher-ranks do this. Though, this seems to happen quite frequently when I'm in a team of three or more for worlds like Wizard City or Krokotopia. It's very bothersome to have to rush to the combat circle for fear that I don't receive XP for something I go out of my way to do.

Higher-ranks, please give your lower-rank teammates a chance. We want XP too. It's possible only I feel this way considering this may be an anecdotal experience, but I had to vent.

— Magus Sorcerer and Secondary Necromancer, Ellie