Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Storm has unfair Advantage in PvP

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 06, 2012
I’m hoping KI will fix this.

Wild Bolt should not be allowed in PVP.
2 Pips can get up a potential of 1000+ damage. The other schools have nothing like this. As a balance Wizard, I lost twice in a tournament against the same person because he kept using Wild Bolt, even with Shields, I still lost.

Please fix this KI!

Survivor
Nov 16, 2009
Sugatan178 on Jul 2, 2021 wrote:
I’m hoping KI will fix this.

Wild Bolt should not be allowed in PVP.
2 Pips can get up a potential of 1000+ damage. The other schools have nothing like this. As a balance Wizard, I lost twice in a tournament against the same person because he kept using Wild Bolt, even with Shields, I still lost.

Please fix this KI!
bro storm is the worst school in the game for pvp. lets not nerf them anymore when they already down.

Survivor
May 13, 2020
honestly this just sounds like you got made someone beat you

Survivor
Jan 18, 2013
jwae on Jul 7, 2021 wrote:
bro storm is the worst school in the game for pvp. lets not nerf them anymore when they already down.
Exactly

Survivor
Aug 10, 2010
I see where your coming from and I have lost to this Strat as well however. You can tank quite a few shots then completely decimate a storm wizard with a combo and since they won't have any pips they won't be able to retaliate significantly.

Delver
Mar 31, 2015
The problem with Storm isn't Wild Bolt, its that their numbers have benefited the most from the side deck enchant changes due to their high base DPP.

Explorer
Feb 23, 2012
storm damage, and spell damage are insane in pvp but they do have the lowest health and resist so guess it makes up for it? mmm maybe. wild bolt can do 2k for like 2 pips. shad spells does so much although can't enchanted still, and on top of that they have good utility now

Explorer
Feb 23, 2012
The damage in their spells are insane, triton, storm bird, storm owl, Rusalka is immense. They can get by without enchanting any of their hits before getting solar surge. The devs buffed their health and now it's even harder to kill them. People will bring up the fact that their resist, accuracy and health is the lowest but let's be honest here there are no storm in max lvl pvp fizzling, resist it a the same across or higher depending on school. Myth, fire and maybe death gotta deal with it too. And health is just enough to kill you before you get the chance to set up and kill then. On top of that they have good counter and utility spells which makes it easier for them to get an easy open shot, buffed hit doing like Over 2k-6k low or high pip spell. And oh yea critical isn't balance so they benefit from that allot like I mean allot given the pierce they have. Yea storm is suppose to have the most damage but when it comes to pvp it is overwhelming to go up against because the whole point of pvp is to do damage where storm easily shines with good spells. Not to mention the storm elf pet..I'm not even going to talk about how op that alone is.

Geographer
Sep 30, 2018
zachery NS on Jan 19, 2022 wrote:
The damage in their spells are insane, triton, storm bird, storm owl, Rusalka is immense. They can get by without enchanting any of their hits before getting solar surge. The devs buffed their health and now it's even harder to kill them. People will bring up the fact that their resist, accuracy and health is the lowest but let's be honest here there are no storm in max lvl pvp fizzling, resist it a the same across or higher depending on school. Myth, fire and maybe death gotta deal with it too. And health is just enough to kill you before you get the chance to set up and kill then. On top of that they have good counter and utility spells which makes it easier for them to get an easy open shot, buffed hit doing like Over 2k-6k low or high pip spell. And oh yea critical isn't balance so they benefit from that allot like I mean allot given the pierce they have. Yea storm is suppose to have the most damage but when it comes to pvp it is overwhelming to go up against because the whole point of pvp is to do damage where storm easily shines with good spells. Not to mention the storm elf pet..I'm not even going to talk about how op that alone is.
The meta has definitely ramp up to being a speed duel where storm benefits the most, I also agree that storm has gotten immensely buffed to the point they have 9000 hp now and not needed to rely on an over time spell.
An open bubble/blade king art with infallible does around 5k ez. Storm is pretty scary right now but not unbeatable shields are still effective, weakness helps too. Bubble war needs to be addressed and deck fail is still an on going thing.