Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Skeleton Key Bundles and Grizzleheim Skeleton Key Boss

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Oct 18, 2014
The new skeleton key bundles are bit too expensive. For the prices they are listed at, we should be receiving at least 5 keys. Trying to farm the new grizzleheim boss for spellements makes this price very steep since we will need to keep getting keys due to his low drop rate. Can we please either have the price lowered, increase the amount of keys we receive, or make the new grizzleheim boss drop an amount every battle. If any Devs see this, let me know!

Defender
Jun 04, 2014
I agree, the key bundles are WAY too expensive. What KingsIsle should do is make these keys into another pack that you can buy for 399 crowns (1/2 that during sales events : )

Then it would just be like buying another gear pack. Each Key pack should have 7 random keys in it (i.e. Gold, Wood, Stone). Given the very poor drop rates on anything from any key boss, this would be more reasonable. In fact, the only key boss in the game with any sort of decent drop rate (and probably the hardest battle) in the Plant Boss - Aphrodite, which uses a gold key. At least at the end of that battle, you gain access to a chest. In my experience (been there almost forty or fifty times now), I have gotten every single ring and energy gear item from the chest - including seeds, motes, etc. The one thing I still need and want, and the only reason I keep going back to fight that battle is for the Sacred Charge Spell. It would be nice if I could just purchase more gold keys to keep fighting that battle instead of having to do monotonous and laborious Darkmoor runs for the sake of 1 or 2 gold key drops.