Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Vengeance aura not in display of critical chance?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 20, 2009
The new display on the opponent shows the critical chance. The critical chance doesn't change when a vengeance aura is used.

Steps to reproduce:
  1. Hover over spell to see critical chance on opponent. In one example, I see 70%.
  2. Use vengeance spell on self to increase critical chance by 20%.
  3. Go to next round.
  4. Hover over (the same) spell to see critical chance on opponent. The number is same, 70%.

Either:
1) The vengeance aura is not being applied in the game calculation. This would be a bug.
2) The display doesn't show the impact of vengeance aura.
2.a) Unintentionally. This would be a bug.
2.b) Intentionally. This would be a bad design choice. It makes the critical chance display lack clarity and less useful.
3) I mis-understand how the vengeance aura is applied to critical chance.

I've read the update notes multiple times. https://www.wizard101.com/game/updates

Does someone have an explanation?

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
McJalapeno on Apr 22, 2021 wrote:
The new display on the opponent shows the critical chance. The critical chance doesn't change when a vengeance aura is used.

Steps to reproduce:
  1. Hover over spell to see critical chance on opponent. In one example, I see 70%.
  3. Go to next round.
  4. Hover over (the same) spell to see critical chance on opponent. The number is same, 70%.

Either:
1) The vengeance aura is not being applied in the game calculation. This would be a bug.
2.b) Intentionally. This would be a bad design choice. It makes the critical chance display lack clarity and less useful.

I've read the update notes multiple times. https://www.wizard101.com/game/updates

I told them during test.

It's not working.

However, I feel as if the issue was dropped. The thread that I had created was at least.

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
Honestly Shadow Trickster works the same way.

Both need a rework with the new system. Probably some sort of scalar.

It's ridiculous that you only need a SINGLE point of critical and your chance to do double is automatically 2x based on your character level.

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
McJalapeno on Apr 22, 2021 wrote:

Steps to reproduce:
  3. Go to next round.

Either:

This spell does get used by people.