Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Pet Maycasts cancelling other maycasts

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 16, 2016
Hello, i have a problem with the pet maycast system.

i recently morphed and rised a pet that is perfect for myself in everyway using tons of crowns for energy refills and mass farming mega snacks. The pet is a Rain beetle that gives the abilities; (+6% & +10%) maycast(Balance blade, Galvanic field and Fortify).

The problem is that whenever my pet cast Galvanic Field it follows up with Fortify cancelling out Galvanic Field rending the ability that i wanted the most on my pets invalid.

A solution to this would either be to:
1. Change the maycast trigger for Fortify (The trigger for this ability kind of doesn't make much sense to me since it's a defensive ability, but yet has a trigger that is similar to a offensive maycast like a blade or damage aura)

2. Implement a logic statement that checks if a maycast ability has already been cast and if so don't cast another similar maycast that would negate the initial maycast.

3. Do both option 1 & 2

Geographer
Sep 07, 2011
I haven't checked this, but it sounds like an old bug has returned.

This was a problem that appeared when KI fixed a previous problem (where ALL the may-cast aurae on a pet triggered at the same time). The initial 'fix" then broke all but one talent. This is what you are describing.

A subsequent update fixed the whole system properly, so each may-cast was an independent random, but once one aura was up, it wouldn't be overwritten by another, and a pet would not cast if an aura cast by its wizard was active. That's the way it worked for many years.

I wonder if some recent update reverted the game to the old version?