Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Make it so Lower "Tier" Pack & Bundle Gear to be Upgraded

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 07, 2010
Eh, for some reason my post didn't get verified last time for some reason, but here we go again.

Since the Road Warrior and Grizzlehiem Pack gear got updated to 140, can you add a way to "Upgrade" Pack and Bundle gear to the next "Tier"?

For example: I got the 130 version of the Road Warrior Pack Robe, but now there's a 140 version of it, will you add a way to be able to Upgrade my 130 Robe to 140?

Here's my Idea! Make it so you can Upgrade the Pack & Bundle Gear through Crafting like how Dragoon and Aquila Senator gear is! Where you need that specific piece of gear in the Crafting Recipe (Example: Level 110 Road Warrior Helmet) and whatever other Reagents you need to upgrade to the next Tier (Level 120 for the Example above), or just make it so you can spend like 500 or less Crowns to Upgrade to the next Tier? I would like both of these to be added!

Thanks in advance!

Astrologist
Sep 19, 2013
I would love this. It's a pretty big sad when the new world comes out and your pack/bundle gear is suddenly 10 levels behind. I think this would actually make KI more money since people would not only pay to upgrade, but might be willing to roll the dice more for stuff they know they can make use of for the long term.

Survivor
May 22, 2009
I like this concept. Another idea could be to add items similar to the socket wrenches. We can call them "Forge Hammers" for my example. They can be farmable in a similar way to socket wrenches to allow crowns gear to be tiered up or down.

Survivor
Jun 07, 2010
Alchemythic on Feb 1, 2021 wrote:
I like this concept. Another idea could be to add items similar to the socket wrenches. We can call them "Forge Hammers" for my example. They can be farmable in a similar way to socket wrenches to allow crowns gear to be tiered up or down.
Oh, that's a good idea too! I forgot about Socket Wrenches, and having a none crowns and a none crafted way for people who want to farm is always nice! And having Pack and Bundle gear to be to "Downgraded" by going back to it's previous Tier is a great idea! I have Bundle gear I want on my Lower level for PvP, but I also wanted another piece from the same set for my higher level, which isn't possible to do without buying another bundle sadly, ao this idea is nice! And yeah Robobot, this would make them more money cause they'd get people who'd buy the gear for the long-term, reason I haven't opened any Packs recently yet cause waiting for them to hit 140, if they added the ability to Upgrade to the next Tier, I wouldn't worry too much in waiting before getting any Packs or Bundles! We got some good ideas, hopefully they take some consideration

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
I also think that this would be a great suggestion!

Survivor
Oct 31, 2015
Survivor
Jun 07, 2010
Anyone else got any good ideas or ways to improve on my idea? I think this would be a great idea! I also have this Robe from a Bundle I got when the max was level 100, but there's a 130 version I would like now! Whatcha think?

Survivor
Jul 22, 2017
There isn't anyway to improve onto your idea. It's very solid in my opinion.

Say you have level 140 gear from packs, but then those packs later get upgraded to level 150 gear.
Why can't we just upgrade our current stuff through crafting? or even pay 500 crowns to upgrade it every 10 levels.

This is very reasonable, especially considering how many more levels they will be adding.

I'd also like it to be the same for Bundles. Why can't we have upgraded Craftable gear from Malistare or Waterworks?

I can however add more to your idea!

Crafting to improve gear alone is a very good idea considering Crafting is just nearly useless it seems. To me I feel like Crafting deserves way more.

You took the time to do the quests. You took the time to grind out on reagents. So why is crafting at the end of it all, just not worth it? I'd feel like it needs to be more rewarding since you took all of this time.

Champion
Nov 22, 2008
Brianna DeathHeart on Feb 24, 2021 wrote:

Say you have level 140 gear from packs, but then those packs later get upgraded to level 150 gear.
Why can't we just upgrade our current stuff through crafting? or even pay 500 crowns to upgrade it every 10 levels.

This is very reasonable, especially considering how many more levels they will be adding.

I'd also like it to be the same for Bundles. Why can't we have upgraded Craftable gear from Malistare or Waterworks?

Crafting to improve gear alone is a very good idea considering Crafting is just nearly useless it seems. To me I feel like Crafting deserves way more.

You took the time to do the quests. You took the time to grind out on reagents. So why is crafting at the end of it all, just not worth it? I'd feel like it needs to be more rewarding since you took all of this time.
Crafting seems to have replaced boss farming in terms of methods to get the best gear. Dragoon Gear is almost exclusively crafted, though people CAN farm it from bosses. The Karemelle gear, which has some worthwhile upgrades, needs to be crafted.

In Wintertusk you can even get craftable gear that is on par with waterworks gear! Many people upgrade on their prior gearset by crafting, but the vendors aren't in one place. There is a hat recipe in Dun Dara, Boots in Sardonyx, etc.

To me it seems like you just aren't aware of the things that crafting offers.

In addition, for the decorators, crafting has some wonderful housing items that are crafting or crowns only.

I agree that Revered crafting isn't worth it right now, but that's the only complaint I have as someone who crafts every time a new quest comes up.

Survivor
Jul 22, 2017
rest on Feb 25, 2021 wrote:
Crafting seems to have replaced boss farming in terms of methods to get the best gear. Dragoon Gear is almost exclusively crafted, though people CAN farm it from bosses. The Karemelle gear, which has some worthwhile upgrades, needs to be crafted.

In Wintertusk you can even get craftable gear that is on par with waterworks gear! Many people upgrade on their prior gearset by crafting, but the vendors aren't in one place. There is a hat recipe in Dun Dara, Boots in Sardonyx, etc.

To me it seems like you just aren't aware of the things that crafting offers.

In addition, for the decorators, crafting has some wonderful housing items that are crafting or crowns only.

I agree that Revered crafting isn't worth it right now, but that's the only complaint I have as someone who crafts every time a new quest comes up.
I haven't gotten to the last 20 levels of wizard101 yet. So my highest chars are level 128 but I am aware of crafting gear for wintertusk but isn't that level 58 gear? why not have it set for 60 and decide weather you rather farm or craft for better gear.

where I'm getting at is the gear itself should be slightly better than the gear that you farm for. considering how hard reagents can be at times, Like Amber or Sunstone. Unless ofc you garden then these are a dime a dozen.

or introduce a new system for gear you've farmed (unless that's a thing already) you have waterworks gear? Why not craft it into something with slightly better stats? could be done with almost every single piece of gear. Thus making combinations with gear for stats seem more genuine.

there are a few people who don't decorate their house, me included. so the crafting for this is really useless to us imo.

Survivor
Jun 07, 2010
Brianna DeathHeart on Feb 24, 2021 wrote:

Sorry for the late response! I'm also still waiting on hoping they add my Idea to be able to "Upgrade" Bundle & Pack Gear to the next "Tier"!
I'm kind of hesitant to buy any Packs or Bundles just in case they might Upgrade some of them to 140.
I also still want to "Upgrade" my old Level 100 Azteca Builder's Bundle Gear to 130!

Yeah, I wish Waterworks gear and Darkmoor gear got a Set Bonus or maybe some type of way to Upgrade it like how Senator gear and Vanguard gear is!

And you're kind of right about how Crafting isn't that good, but it has some uses?

When it comes to Gear, the only Gear worth making is Wintertusk and Dragoon gear, but Bazaar Celestia gear is almost just as good, or maybe even better? Just that Bazaar gear has no Resist, but everything else on it is just as good as Wintertusk and Waterworks, so it makes them not as worth Farming or Crafting.

Then when it comes to Dragoon, there's a Key Boss that drops Dragoon gear, but it's not worth doing unless you have a lot of Max Wizards without Dragoon Gear already, and IMO yes you can use Vanguard gear to Craft Dragoon gear, but the whole process of it kind of ruined crafting for me? I don't think you should have to Farm some Boss over and over for Crafting? It kind of defeats the whole purpose of Crafting? Since isn't it suppose to be an alternative from Farming?

So yeah, there isn't really too much that's worth Crafting?

Karamelle Crafted Gear isn't worth Crafting when you can just Farm easy Bosses with good Drop Rates, and also the Karamelle Chunks are Boss Farmed too, so it just defeats the purpose of Crafting like I said above, and it Drop Rates for Chunks are horrible.

Khrysalis Crafted Gear isn't worth Crafting cause you can just do Darkmoor like 4 or 6 Levels after Crafting the Khrysalis Gear, which is a pretty good Upgrade from it, unless you want the Set Resist Hats that you can Craft, or the Set Resist Rings, but at Higher Levels where almost every Creature starts to have Shadow Attacks and High Pierce, they can only last so long, but Khrysalis Crafted Gear could be useful for Level 99 PvP.

Crafting Lore Spells are only worth it if you're Life or Death, for Rat Spin and Deer Knight, outside of that, there's no major reason unless you do PvP, and even then, you probably wouldn't use it much in PvP either, maybe Low Level if that ever gets fixed? Also, I heard they're planning on making every Lore Spell Spellemental, so you might be able to just get the Spellements without having to Craft the Spells?

But yeah, Crafting isn't too "Worth It" IMO right now, unless you do PvP or Housing, or for Dragoon.

Survivor
Jun 07, 2010
Oh by the way! I heard they're gonna Update some Packs to 140 in one of the KI Live's! I hope they consider my Idea! Stalling on getting any Packs or Bundles still!

Survivor
Jun 07, 2010
So this is my Idea to "Fix" this controversy:

The Developers should Add or Improve on already existing options to obtain Bundle & Pack Gear without Paying. Here's what they could Improve on: Bundle House Fishing! They SHOULD make Fishing more practical and relevant to the "Meta", because right now, people only Fish for "Code Wands", which is fine, or which is somewhat a new "Method", Fishing for Blackberry Jellyfish for "Mega Snacks". Problem with "Code Wand" Fishing is that's mainly why people Fish, and nothing else. There's nothing too special about these outside of Stitches, so it doesn't offer much of an incentive. Fishing for "Mega Snacks" is just obviously worse than Gardening or any other method to gain Snacks. Yes, you can Fish for Bundle Gear right now, but it's so badly optimized and executed that I have a HUGE "Fix" for it! Check next post.

Continuing with the "Fix".

First of all, the reason my "Upgrade to the next Tier" Idea goes so well with this is because you CAN get Bundle Gear from Fishing, and yes, it's only "Any Level" Bundle Gear, but with my Idea, you can just keep using Crowns or Crafting and "Upgrading" it towards the next "Tiers" until it hits the Level Cap for that particular Item. The issues I have with Bundle Fishing right now that needs auditing is these 2 things: Increase the "Drop Rates". The "Drop Rates" for any of this Bundle Gear is abysmal. Don't get me wrong, the "Drop Rates" shouldn't be good, but right now it should be better, cause you have to make sure you Catch a Chest, which isn't too hard with Buoy Chests, but it's still an RNG Issue, but if it was just that, it would've been fine, but the MAJOR problem is that even if you do get a Chest, the Drop Rate of getting a Bundle Item is less than 1 percent, it needs to be more than that, because you're already having to deal with Double RNG of getting the Chest, now you got to get what you want from it? You should Increase the "Drop Rate" of the Bundle Gear or the Chests. You also still have to "Upgrade" them, and you're also using your Energy, so you should make getting what you want from the Chests more practical and actually logical. Here's my second Issue: Why can't you Fish for every piece of Bundle Gear currently? Here's the Catch! (Pun Intended ) You CANNOT Fish for every piece of Bundle Gear cause some Bundles don't come with a House. This is a problem, here's a simple fix. Add other Bundle Gear to other Bundle Houses. What do I mean by this? The Developers should know this, but the Fantastic Fairytale Bundle House Fishing Drops both the Monarch Gear & Apple, while also Drops the Avalon Outlaws Bundle Dashing Outlaw Gear & Bow, so it's not impossible for them to do similar things to other Houses. For Example: Let's just say that the Darkmoor Manor House Fishing Drops the Witch Hunter Gear & Crossbow, the Spooky Carnival Bundle Spooky Carnival Gear & Knife, and the Creepier Carnival Bundle Sinister Harlequin Gear & Mallet, and et cetera for other Bundles that don't have Houses, simple, isn't it? Not too hard to add other options to obtain the Gear.

Survivor
Jun 07, 2010
Sorry! I forgot to cut out the top part of the last Comment I posted, just ignore that and skip to the part of my Idea on the "Fix"!

But anyways, for people who don't like Fishing or who don't want to Fish, you could maybe add some way to farm for it? But I don't know who would drop the Bundle Gear thou, I just think my Fishing Idea is really good? It will make Fishing more relevant and practical, cause right now there's no major incentive to do it, with this, people would actually Fish more and not feel or think they wasted their time Fishing and barely gaining a reward from it! And for the Packs, I just think the Developers should just add a 5 Free Packs of your choice every 7 Days, I doubt they can't do it since they did something similar with the Weekly 2 Dollar Spellement Pack they did! It shouldn't be too hard to do this for us loyal and maybe even F2P players! 5 Free Packs of our choice every 7 Days would be so nice! Thanks for reading, and thanks in advance!