Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Any Thoughts on the Spiral Scene Event?

AuthorMessage
Defender
Dec 20, 2008
I'm making this thread to compile thoughts on the Spiral Scene event. Do you like it? If not, then why? Are there any spots where there could be some improvement with this event?

Survivor
Mar 27, 2017
I absolutely love it! I feel like many people didn't rate houses often; my dorm room suddently gained a bunch of visitors when it hadn't had any in weeks, and it allowed me to go back into the top dorms ranking. The rewards are also really nice!

Explorer
Nov 16, 2016
I'd like to see a different pack for the top reward, instead of the same old Professor's Hoard Pack that we've had in the Spiral Showcase. My thoughts would be rotating a few different packs (of equivalent value to Professor's Hoard) between the events, or having it be a random (if possible, player chosen) pick from several packs.

Defender
Dec 20, 2008
Angus Goldvault on Jan 28, 2021 wrote:
I'd like to see a different pack for the top reward, instead of the same old Professor's Hoard Pack that we've had in the Spiral Showcase. My thoughts would be rotating a few different packs (of equivalent value to Professor's Hoard) between the events, or having it be a random (if possible, player chosen) pick from several packs.
Yeah. My main problem is with the rewards. They're not worth it in my opinion. I'm not working on the Spiral Scene for the rewards. I'm just doing it for more levels on the Winter Scroll of Fortune.

I really like how we can get up to 30 points total for rating houses. It makes me actually want to look at other Wizards' houses. There are some pretty unique houses.

Survivor
Jul 16, 2010
I absolutely love this event. I have always intended to visit other castles but I never got around to it or just put it off. Honestly I wasn't sure how I would as I am more of a solo player than anything else so wasn't sure how I would see other castles. I knew there was some kind of office in the commons but never got around to visiting. Now that I have I think that I will make it a point to visit as often as possible if not every time I log in. I love seeing others homes; especially the top ranked ones. They have shown me so many ways to redesign or frankly just design my homes and dorms. One home I visited, a holiday home, was so beautifully done it almost made me cry. I hope to someday be just as talented as far as decorating. I can't wait to discover more!

Explorer
May 30, 2010
It's more attractive to me than yet another beastmoon boredom, and at least I can get more than a couple of points a day toward the scroll of fortune.

Some of the houses are really awesome, but my taste leans more toward less cluttered and so many of the top rated houses are sooooo crowded. It's really interesting to see what people have done with their houses, and I'll have to admit I've nicked a couple of good ideas from some.

Astrologist
Sep 19, 2013
I hate this event, and to a lesser extent the Pet Promenade and Spiral Showcase. They don't add anything new to the game, they just instruct me to do stuff I don't like for rewards. I don't really care about decorating castles. I want to battle as a beast or upgrade my Deckathalon deck.

Survivor
Apr 30, 2011
I liked this event, it was different than the usual. I agree some of the houses are overdone and people go too far with the castle magic stuff. Sometimes less is more. But I saw some really pretty houses I had never seen before and it seemed like a lot of people entered their homes.

Delver
Jun 17, 2012
Hi Stevp, thanks for making this thread. I really liked the Spiral Scene. It was very similar to the Spiral Showcase (minus the fishing and pet training). I never had an incentive to visit or interact with the Castle Tours before this was introduced. I saw some houses that blew my mind! I visited houses on all six of my wizards and each one has at least 3-8 favorite houses now. I plan to visit them all very soon before they disappear from castle tours, just so I can take more time exploring them.

What wizards do with the Death House is phenomenal. Especially if you love Halloween. There was one house that had a floating row of pumpkins that bubbled right out of a cauldron like smoke, and giant dragon skulls that floated out of the green swimming pool in the air, all the way around the sky circling the house!

I saw so many beautiful Winter Wind Towers and Ice Houses, Watchtower Halls and other homes that were so nicely decorated for Christmas! In fact, KI please make a Spiral Scene event close to the 12 Days of Spiral because some of these Christmas themed homes are AMAZING. I really didn't want to leave some of them!

I saw a lot of tricks and earthquakes, cut scenes and things I had no idea you could do with your house. I didn't know you could make mounts fly? Oh yeah, reindeer sleigh flying through the air!

I could never list one of my homes on castle tours because even the one home I have that I think is "good" would be considered half a star to a real decorator! It doesn't have anything special about it or any castle magic, but it is neat and themed. It just looks so plain by comparison!

My only complaint is about the rating system. If you rate a home with only one star that seems like a ding. I saw many homes that were neat, creative and I liked being there. But there wasn't castle magic, or any objects to interact with so I had to rate it one star because it didn't seem fair to rate it with two stars when so many other decorators spend so much time and crowns on their homes. I wish there were a more specific rating system. Someone else in this thread mentioned free space and less cluttered homes were more appealing to them. I would like a way to reward people who decorate tastefully and have great collections of things or even nothing at all but a few signature items or keepsakes. Homes should reflect the wizard and some of these homes are showing me that I play with incredibly creative people!

Thank you to all of the amazing decorators, I really appreciate your work!!

Defender
Dec 20, 2008
Robobot1747 on Feb 1, 2021 wrote:
I hate this event, and to a lesser extent the Pet Promenade and Spiral Showcase. They don't add anything new to the game, they just instruct me to do stuff I don't like for rewards. I don't really care about decorating castles. I want to battle as a beast or upgrade my Deckathalon deck.
It's funny because I'm the exact opposite. I dislike deckathalons and beastmoon events but I like spiral showcase and pet promenades. Deckathalons are really confusing for me while for beastmoon, I have to pick my beast so fast that I don't get a chance to figure out what I'm picking.

Survivor
Aug 15, 2012
I also prefer the homes decorated "tastefully" as you put it. Personally, I do not like to be constantly attacked, stuck, overwhelmed, or unable to find my way into and out of a house. I feel like Alice in wonderland everything getting bigger and bigger and sometimes it even traps me. I also get frustrated not being able to find my way into a house, the entrance is blocked, and the exit is nowhere to be found, Touring should be a relaxing experience of someone putting something together well. This can be done, and it DOES take hard work for a home to stand alone on its own without all the distractions. So I would encourage you to enter your house. Some people might find it very nice and enjoy visiting it.

Mastermind
Mar 16, 2009
I found the event to be very similar to the Spiral Showcase event, mostly since they both shared a bunch of activities such as crafting items and teaming up. Spiral Showcase is my least favorite event because it feels very unfocused and requires you to spend a lot of energy. The Spiral Scene is an upgrade on that event since it trades out the energy tasks for visiting houses, but it still is host to a lot of my grievances against the Spiral Showcase.

I would rank it as one of my least favorite events, but I do appreciate it as being a step in the right direction for a more casual event.

Explorer
May 30, 2010
Robobot1747 on Feb 1, 2021 wrote:
See, I find those events absolutely deadly dull and excruciatingly irritating. I don't want to be forced to play en mass with a bunch of strangers for very little reward. At least during the Deckathalon events I can still get 20 points/day using TCs. During the beastmoon events I can't get anything like that -- gardening doesn't guarantee daily rewards unless you're doing it all along so that you can arrange your crops so you can get them to be harvest-ready at different times. And that's two weeks out of every month that I can't get more than a few points/day if I'm that lucky.

I'd resent the beastmoon events a lot less if there was some way I could guarantee getting at least 10 points toward the spiral scroll each day, rather than maybe 10 over the course of a week.

Explorer
May 30, 2010
Nordic Champion on Feb 3, 2021 wrote:
Hi Stevp, thanks for making this thread. I really liked the Spiral Scene. It was very similar to the Spiral Showcase (minus the fishing and pet training). I never had an incentive to visit or interact with the Castle Tours before this was introduced. I saw some houses that blew my mind! I visited houses on all six of my wizards and each one has at least 3-8 favorite houses now. I plan to visit them all very soon before they disappear from castle tours, just so I can take more time exploring them.

What wizards do with the Death House is phenomenal. Especially if you love Halloween. There was one house that had a floating row of pumpkins that bubbled right out of a cauldron like smoke, and giant dragon skulls that floated out of the green swimming pool in the air, all the way around the sky circling the house!

I saw so many beautiful Winter Wind Towers and Ice Houses, Watchtower Halls and other homes that were so nicely decorated for Christmas! In fact, KI please make a Spiral Scene event close to the 12 Days of Spiral because some of these Christmas themed homes are AMAZING. I really didn't want to leave some of them!

I saw a lot of tricks and earthquakes, cut scenes and things I had no idea you could do with your house. I didn't know you could make mounts fly? Oh yeah, reindeer sleigh flying through the air!

I could never list one of my homes on castle tours because even the one home I have that I think is "good" would be considered half a star to a real decorator! It doesn't have anything special about it or any castle magic, but it is neat and themed. It just looks so plain by comparison!

My only complaint is about the rating system. If you rate a home with only one star that seems like a ding. I saw many homes that were neat, creative and I liked being there. But there wasn't castle magic, or any objects to interact with so I had to rate it one star because it didn't seem fair to rate it with two stars when so many other decorators spend so much time and crowns on their homes. I wish there were a more specific rating system. Someone else in this thread mentioned free space and less cluttered homes were more appealing to them. I would like a way to reward people who decorate tastefully and have great collections of things or even nothing at all but a few signature items or keepsakes. Homes should reflect the wizard and some of these homes are showing me that I play with incredibly creative people!

Thank you to all of the amazing decorators, I really appreciate your work!!
Why would what other houses have matter to how you rate a particular house? It's all subjective anyway, and if I think a magic-free house is awesome I give it max stars. I'll be honest; I drop the ratings on houses that are too busy, whether because they're cluttered or because they just put too much active stuff in them. Castle magic or no castle magic makes no difference; if I feel comfortable in the house then I give it good ratings.

I try not to downvote a house because I don't care for the color scheme but I think the rest is really nice. Otherwise, it's just a matter of whether I like the arrangement or not.

On the up side, I have learned to avoid houses marked "Maze".

Survivor
Jun 22, 2011
Hello

I like this event very much , always loved to decorate ever since I started to play 10 years ago.It was amazing to discover that my wizard mates are so creative and inventive. I saw some castles that really amazed me and made me want start decorating again with more frenzy. It really felt good and I decided to put one of my castles on the tour for the first time in my wiz life And surprise . I noticed today that I received a badge. Actually more but the last one was Top decorator. I was so surprised and I was wondering why and how did I got it, what for. I only have 44 visitors. my castle isn't in the top 100,so can someone bring some light in this matter. It would be nice if there were some indications about how rating works and how do you get the badges, what for. I'm so happy and so nicely surprised by the badge though lol