Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Spiral Showcase Ending?

AuthorMessage
Delver
Jun 17, 2012
HI Sparck,

I was not able to get this question in to you in time for tomorrow's KI Live. Is the Spiral Showcase one of the events that is planned for cycling out? I noticed the task list for the new Spiral Scene event is very similar to the task list for the Spiral Showcase with the crafting, daily assignment and helping a team the same. I noticed the reward is also the same, a Professor's Hoard pack. That is great! However, for the Spiral Scene I would think a house decoration pack or furniture pack would be more desired, but I am happy to have the PH pack!

If the Spiral Showcase is eliminated, will you eventually have a Fishing Event that will cycle in? Or was the catch fish task too time consuming and removed for that reason?

Also I wanted to point out that it would be good to include HOW to rate houses because some of us have never done it, (really!), before and didn't know how to collect points for the Spiral Scene. Luckily, some nice wizards inside Castle Tours, (thanks Alura Myth and Jessica!), helped me out and told me what to do in order to rate one.
You have to visit a castle that is new today or random and you cannot choose the castle you visit.
I visited 4-5 castles and didn't see an option to rate anything, I had no idea it was because I didn't let the system pick the house.
I checked the help section of the event page and it tells you to visit houses and rate them but does not tell you how to be able to rate one.

Thanks,

House Decoration Noob

Administrator
Nordic Champion on Jan 27, 2021 wrote:
HI Sparck,

I was not able to get this question in to you in time for tomorrow's KI Live. Is the Spiral Showcase one of the events that is planned for cycling out? I noticed the task list for the new Spiral Scene event is very similar to the task list for the Spiral Showcase with the crafting, daily assignment and helping a team the same. I noticed the reward is also the same, a Professor's Hoard pack. That is great! However, for the Spiral Scene I would think a house decoration pack or furniture pack would be more desired, but I am happy to have the PH pack!

If the Spiral Showcase is eliminated, will you eventually have a Fishing Event that will cycle in? Or was the catch fish task too time consuming and removed for that reason?

Also I wanted to point out that it would be good to include HOW to rate houses because some of us have never done it, (really!), before and didn't know how to collect points for the Spiral Scene. Luckily, some nice wizards inside Castle Tours, (thanks Alura Myth and Jessica!), helped me out and told me what to do in order to rate one.
You have to visit a castle that is new today or random and you cannot choose the castle you visit.
I visited 4-5 castles and didn't see an option to rate anything, I had no idea it was because I didn't let the system pick the house.
I checked the help section of the event page and it tells you to visit houses and rate them but does not tell you how to be able to rate one.

Thanks,

House Decoration Noob
Cycling out? No events are ending, they are all still running at certain times of the schedule.

About the schedule though, with more and more events being added, they do have to get spread out a bit more for some. So it may be more than a month before the next (insert your event of choice here) comes back.

Great suggestion on the Spiral Scene! I'll send this to the team.

Explorer
May 30, 2010
Sparck on Jan 27, 2021 wrote:
Cycling out? No events are ending, they are all still running at certain times of the schedule.

About the schedule though, with more and more events being added, they do have to get spread out a bit more for some. So it may be more than a month before the next (insert your event of choice here) comes back.

Great suggestion on the Spiral Scene! I'll send this to the team.
If that's the case, can you PLEASE spread out the Beastmoon stuff more? I dislike it intensely and it always takes up half of the month. It shouldn't, if you're honest about them having to spread out some. With Deckathalon, Spiral Showcase, Spiral Scene, and Pet Promenade now you could easily have Beastmoon hunt, two other events, Beastmoon Monster Mayhem, two other events and back to the hunt. Still may end up with half the month wasted on Beastmoon stuff, but at least I'd have something that isn't actually repugnant to me for two weeks before I lose a week of being able to get any points besides one or two from gardening. The current pattern squeezes those in far too close to each other, and it seems like the pet promenade hardly ever appears unless there are 5 weeks in the month.

Or even just add something else that is a better guarantee of getting up to 20 points to beastmoon events. If you did gardening and fishing or crafting, people who didn't enjoy being forced to play on teams with strangers would have a way to get points toward their scroll of fortune. Gardening as the only other way to get points during beastmoon is unfair, as most plants take a while to mature and start producing.

Champion
Nov 22, 2008
Fiorenza Rosanante... on Mar 16, 2021 wrote:
If that's the case, can you PLEASE spread out the Beastmoon stuff more? I dislike it intensely and it always takes up half of the month. It shouldn't, if you're honest about them having to spread out some. With Deckathalon, Spiral Showcase, Spiral Scene, and Pet Promenade now you could easily have Beastmoon hunt, two other events, Beastmoon Monster Mayhem, two other events and back to the hunt. Still may end up with half the month wasted on Beastmoon stuff, but at least I'd have something that isn't actually repugnant to me for two weeks before I lose a week of being able to get any points besides one or two from gardening. The current pattern squeezes those in far too close to each other, and it seems like the pet promenade hardly ever appears unless there are 5 weeks in the month.

Or even just add something else that is a better guarantee of getting up to 20 points to beastmoon events. If you did gardening and fishing or crafting, people who didn't enjoy being forced to play on teams with strangers would have a way to get points toward their scroll of fortune. Gardening as the only other way to get points during beastmoon is unfair, as most plants take a while to mature and start producing.
Honestly, the crafting thought here is pretty good. Beastmoon already has crafting seeds, idols and such, and gear as things to be done during the event. Why not reward it?