Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Baba Yaga being pronounced completely wrong

AuthorMessage
Delver
Sep 13, 2016
Every time Baba Yaga is pronounced its pronounced incorrectly. I know it will be hard to redo the voices everytime Baba Yaga is mentioned but if she is mentioned later in the story pronounce it correctly. In the game it is pronounced: Baba YAga but it SHOULD be Baba YagA or Baba Yega with the first vowel being short and second being stronger and longer. Correct: Baba YagA or Baba YegA. Incorrect: Baba YAga. It really annoys me to here it wrong so please if it is mentioned later pronounce it correctly.

There are other mistakes too like Kronus is spelled incorrectly it can be spelled Chronus or Kronus, so people spell it Kronos and thats fine with me too but Cronus is just wrong that will be very rare for a Greek person to spell it like that.

Survivor
Nov 07, 2015
I mean, yeah but pretty sure it's good to just let it slide. Adds a little bit of a touch really.

Explorer
Nov 23, 2011
The witch in Russian folklore may be pronounced as you suggest, but I can assure you the witch that lives in Polaris uses the pronunciation KI uses in the game. I know, since I spent a vacation in Polaris one year and the tour bus took us by her house. Which, you will note, did not have chicken legs like the Russian witch's hut allegedly does (I have not seen the Russian witch's hut, so I can't say for sure).

More seriously, Baba Yaga is a folk figure that appears in the folk tales of many Scandinavian countries. I would be very surprised if that name was always pronounced the same in those different languages.

-Indigo

Delver
Sep 13, 2016
About the Scandinavian thing I know, but when i reashearch from where is Baba Yaga exactly i keep getting slavic mythology, old Russian folklore etc. Also what do you mean you took a tour in polaris and was on a tour bus?