Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Make Housing and Castle Tours Gauntlets more accessible - All

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 28, 2008
I would like to see the Housing and Castle Tours gauntlets more accessible, all of them since the usual Housing and Castle Tours gauntlets have some access such as Midnight Sun Pagoda and Winterbane Hall. Since those Gauntlets may put out a lot of hard to get reagents, gears, mounts, et cetera rather than have to farm them on your quest. Those gauntlets are perfect for farming also. Wizard101 needs to make this happen, make all castle and housing tours accessible for all, whoever owns the gauntlets with the permission of wizards owning them with friends or by invitation or all access to all those who visit their castle during the Housing and Castle tours... Make it happen WIZARD101...

Defender
May 11, 2013
defbug on Jan 20, 2021 wrote:
I would like to see the Housing and Castle Tours gauntlets more accessible, all of them since the usual Housing and Castle Tours gauntlets have some access such as Midnight Sun Pagoda and Winterbane Hall. Since those Gauntlets may put out a lot of hard to get reagents, gears, mounts, et cetera rather than have to farm them on your quest. Those gauntlets are perfect for farming also. Wizard101 needs to make this happen, make all castle and housing tours accessible for all, whoever owns the gauntlets with the permission of wizards owning them with friends or by invitation or all access to all those who visit their castle during the Housing and Castle tours... Make it happen WIZARD101...
Kind of removes the point of the ranking system and it is why it is the way it is now. Because people would just upvote gauntlet houses and not do what was meant to be done with it.

Defender
Jul 26, 2012
I would like to try to find some middle ground solution. I do have a collection of housing gauntlets that I would like to let other players use without me having to be present in my home all the time. On the other hand the houses that used to be in the top rated categories were always there only because they had all the housing gauntlets in them - not necessarily because they were well decorated. This defeated the original intent of housing tours.

I had originally though this was the purpose of the new "Gauntlet" category. The houses with gauntlets could all be listed there instead, leaving the rest of the houses to be rated on their actual decor. But since neither tourists or even a homeowner's friends can enter gauntlets through housing tours anymore I'm wondering why they even bothered adding the new category in.

One compromise I would like to see at the very least is making it so that you can enter a gauntlet through housing tours if you are on the homeowner's friends list.

Explorer
Sep 26, 2012
you can still use the housing tour to go to a friends house and use their gauntlets

Defender
Jul 26, 2012
Caitlyn Darkshard on Jan 22, 2021 wrote:
you can still use the housing tour to go to a friends house and use their gauntlets
Oh! I had no idea. The message pop-up made it sound like they couldn't be entered from housing tours at all. Thanks for the information! In that case I think the system is fine the way it is.