Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

100,000 Health Malistaire?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Oct 06, 2013
I was discussing Wizard101 with a few friends on discord and we suddenly talked about Malistaire with one mentioning that he once had 100,000 health for only one week before switching back.
In addition to that, a few bosses were made extra harder such as the Jade Oni, Smogger, & bosses in the Nidavellir.
Can I ask a developer to elaborate on this, also, in all respect, what were you thinking back then?

Explorer
Sep 25, 2016
I've definitely heard of that years ago, but I wasn't around in the game (Or at least in Dragonspyre) to fight him when he had that much health. Apparently only a couple players were able to defeat him in that state, pretty cool if you were able to!

Delver
Sep 13, 2016
There is this things called 4 dungeons which has a series of 4 dungeons that last of them giving you a new spell depending on you school the last dungeon, Darkmoor, has Malestire the Undying as the final boos which is an undead Malestire he has 100,000 health

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
Actually, this was during a time when Dragonspyre was the final world.

To put things into more perspective, imagine that time when;

Level 50 was the cap.
No card packs were available.
Limited crowns only gear.
No Pet Pavilion.
No Gardening, fishing etc.
No enchantments
No Critical/Block

Malistare was also a lot harder in terms of the spells he used. Now, he only mostly uses rank 1 spells [Dark Sprite, which makes little sense] but back then, he would use spells such as Wraith, Skeletal Pirate, Scarecrow, Kraken. Keep in mind, Ice was the only school with universal resists, so these spells would hurt!

So, not to mention the fact that he had this overarching health, but his spells would also hurt [alongside his minions].

He was eventually nerfed a bit as time went on, especially since 100,000 was difficult, even with four storms facing him.

Explorer
Apr 15, 2017
Delver
Sep 13, 2016
but Malistaire the undying has like 99999 and then he goes down to 50000 or something? Did anybody get to that point?

Mastermind
Mar 16, 2009
Coyle IceBalanceSt... on Jan 22, 2021 wrote:
but Malistaire the undying has like 99999 and then he goes down to 50000 or something? Did anybody get to that point?
Not only are they not discussing Malistaire the Undying in this topic (they're talking about an older version of the Malistaire battle in Dragonspyre), Malistaire the Undying only has an upwards of 72,000 health: 24k at the start, 48k in his second phase, usually mitigated with a Doom And Gloom.

Malistaire the Undying used to have 50k/99,999 health, which would qualify, but they're still talking specifically about the Malistaire fight in Dragonspyre.

Delver
Jun 10, 2012
Malistaire the undying had 100000 hp and respawn in shadow form with full health but the idea to get him with lower hp was to put doom and gloom.(-75% with tc (treasure card) version)
to get him even lower bring him under 350 hp with infection/mass infection(normal tc item)

100 000 *0.25*0.5*0.5*0.5*0.5*0.5*0.5=391

so you could potentially get a 100 000 hp mail that respawn into a 391 hp shadow and then return to a < 350 hp mali

i'm not sure but he has 60 000 now and the shadow occur under 500 hp.

Survivor
May 21, 2009
Oof, back in the olden days! I remember the endless grinds of the "impossible" Malistare! The Jade Oni tweak in which you refer is when all of the Onis were thrown into the same battle. The timeless final Mooshu battle was that much more difficult when one by one; Death, Plague, and War decided to join the fight! It was pretty tough when the player level cap was about 60.