Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Wizard101 Card Game, please reply

AuthorMessage
Delver
Sep 13, 2016
I made four posts about this and people keep ignoring it or not noticing it, I don't get how, I have an idea of making a physical wizard101 card game since all the battles in wizard101 are card games, so I think there should be one in real life. If you have questions like what spells will each person get, how do you know whether you get a power pip or regular pip or how do you calculate charm and shield percentages(use calculator) look at my previous posts, just click on my name and click on all the posts with the words "card games".

Thank you, I hope people reply

Delver
Jun 10, 2012
Hi, it's me again,

Ok I saw your answer and ye that seems very good in theory but I feel a physical version of the wizard battle card will be a very hard game to plan and play and that will destroy the fun part.

How to represent damage resist/crit block/accuracy/power pip/shadow/pierce/...?
- By tossing coin,picking in a bag or many way to crate random. So better to simplify by a programm that create in less than one second the issues of any probability experiment.
But we still need to understand what this issue mean for the spell?
- so let transform this now the program say what's the result.

And the physical cards get back to virtual.

These games mechanisms are used on role play board games that are very fun if you like calculating probability and dices (that's why I was surprised you play head or tail instead of sending a 6 faced dice). Very famous games just before the online RPG golden age who are an evolution of them.

(Remember how many turn aura,beguile, stay
Headaches when more than 1v1
Max damage so no hope of merely survive especially max for storms
You put 5 different blades a feint and 2 traps a prism is between the traps and there is a school shield how much damage you do with a -25% in less than 30 sec
You sneeze you card are all mixed in which order were they)

When you look closely the developers still trying to fix spells and mechanics so you really think that's so easy to recreate the full complexity of the computer calculating programm to get back on physical state.I let you imagine the myth play style to stay simple XD the team didn't found it since 6 years.

But there is more hope on the beastmoon spells with more strategies and less random. Or even better create cards inspired from wiz101 but with his own mechanics. Find inspiration from already existing card games.

Just remember that not many people think calculating probability is a fun game.

I will take a break from wiz so i'm not sure I will get back to the forum but good luck for your project I just hope this post will give you some ideas

Storm

Delver
Sep 13, 2016
Good point of the 6 sided dice i dont know why I did not think of that, but about the percentages , just use a calculator, calculate 140 percent of 140% if 140% minus 80% of 140 percent of 140% if 140%. YOu could just make the game simpler by removing prisms and boost and resist and etc

Delver
Jun 10, 2012
agree no accuracy, no fizzle
agree no resist, dot rampage

if we remove the stats well to restore balance spell should have side effect, some idea to find in the spellment path

we can immediatly remove sound of musicology effect cuz linked to critical.
but the steals can be even more interesting and the "if" side effect from beastmoon are great source.

for the beguile, taunt, pacify, confuse,... cards should put token to clearly identify the effect.

the dot would be too strong without flat resist at least so flat damage must be present too

in that case snow drift and triages are too weaks so must be modified

high damage class are too strong without stats (storm and fire dominating pvp at low lvl in wiz, i don't consider the max pets and lore spells that break a little the previous statement) so better to bring all damage to a shorter range of damage between schools but play more on the sides effect.

So damage card changed, few utility too, and healing will follow damage; ye i confirm, thats not the same game

but without stats thats completly how beastmoon works so.