Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Add crafting recipes for skeleton key dropped spells

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jul 26, 2012
Crafting recipes for the spells Catch of the Day, Burning Rampage, and Sacred Charge should be added to the game. In addition to the standard spell crafting reagents like Amber these recipes should also require a sum of skeleton keys. The recipe for Catch of the Day would require wooden skeleton keys, Burning Rampage would require stone keys, and Sacred Charge would require gold keys. This way players who would rather craft the spells will still have to farm the respective skeleton keys to learn these spells.

This would provide an alternative method for players who want to obtain these spells but who don't want to be forced to rely solely on luck with drops. Some players can get quite lucky with drops and learn a spell after just a few runs, but there are some people who may run these bosses 100+ times and have no new spell to to show for it. This would give players the same options as other lore pack/dropped spells where they can either try their luck at Loremaster or just hunker down, gather reagents, and craft spells.

This would also help address the unfairness of these skeleton key bosses locations. While you can team up for Takanobu the Masterless and Lambent Fire as stand alone fights you cannot use team up to find groups for Aphrodite II as easily because her skeleton key room was placed inside another instance. This makes finding groups for Aphrodite II much more difficult compared to the other two bosses. Adding a crafting recipe would allow players to circumvent this added frustration if they want to learn Sacred Charge.

Explorer
Jul 18, 2016
Tanner Silver on Jan 4, 2021 wrote:
Crafting recipes for the spells Catch of the Day, Burning Rampage, and Sacred Charge should be added to the game. In addition to the standard spell crafting reagents like Amber these recipes should also require a sum of skeleton keys. The recipe for Catch of the Day would require wooden skeleton keys, Burning Rampage would require stone keys, and Sacred Charge would require gold keys. This way players who would rather craft the spells will still have to farm the respective skeleton keys to learn these spells.

This would provide an alternative method for players who want to obtain these spells but who don't want to be forced to rely solely on luck with drops. Some players can get quite lucky with drops and learn a spell after just a few runs, but there are some people who may run these bosses 100+ times and have no new spell to to show for it. This would give players the same options as other lore pack/dropped spells where they can either try their luck at Loremaster or just hunker down, gather reagents, and craft spells.

This would also help address the unfairness of these skeleton key bosses locations. While you can team up for Takanobu the Masterless and Lambent Fire as stand alone fights you cannot use team up to find groups for Aphrodite II as easily because her skeleton key room was placed inside another instance. This makes finding groups for Aphrodite II much more difficult compared to the other two bosses. Adding a crafting recipe would allow players to circumvent this added frustration if they want to learn Sacred Charge.
Yes!!!!!! I wholeheartedly agree with this Tanner because, like you already stated, you can easily team up for Takanobu the Masterless (Catch of the Day) and Lambent Fire (Burning Rampage) but as far as Aphrodite goes, that's a bit more difficult because, when you team up for Darkmoor, most people either want to farm Yevgeny NightCreeper for the Darkmoor Athame or Darkmoor Malistaire for their respective Malistaire gear sets. This makes finding a team that wants to do the optional, Gold Skeleton Key boss that is Aphrodite, a very hard task. While Sacred Charge isn't necessarily the best spell in the world, there are spell completionists like myself who want every spell for their respective class and Sacred Charge is no exception for us Life wizards. I still don't have Sacred Charge on my own Life wizard because I can never get a team going for Aphrodite. There's also not an option in Team Up to virtually "tell" your team up crew that you want to do Aphrodite because, even if you marked "I am Farming" on Team-Up, it is assumed that you are wanting to farm either Yevgeny for the Athame or Darkmoor Malistaire for your gear set. There should at least be a solution for Aphrodite, if anything. Either move her out of Darkmoor or give us an option in Team Up that portrays people teaming up that they want to farm Aphrodite (like maybe give us a "Gold Skeleton Key" checkbox or something so if you have the checkbox checked, people will know you are wanting to do Aphrodite and answer your team up accordingly).

-Also to sort of "tag on" to this post, if they could also add recipes for the new Celestian Spells, that'd be great too (Nautilus Unleashed, Ship of Fools, Celestial Intervention, and Spiritual Tribunal) but again, at least getting rid of Aphrodite from Darkmoor so people can actually get teams going to farm her would be a step in the right direction in terms of adding crafting recipes to some of the optional spells in the game.

Hope to see ya around in the Spiral!

Blaze DreamBlade (Master of Myth and Monsters)
Blaze StormSword (Master of Storm and Lightning)
Blaze StarBlade (Master of Life and Nature)
Blaze MoonCloud (Master of Fire and Burning)
Blaze CrowWraith (Master of Death and the Dark Arts)

Delver
Aug 21, 2013
crimsonreaper5 on Jan 5, 2021 wrote:
Yes!!!!!! I wholeheartedly agree with this Tanner because, like you already stated, you can easily team up for Takanobu the Masterless (Catch of the Day) and Lambent Fire (Burning Rampage) but as far as Aphrodite goes, that's a bit more difficult because, when you team up for Darkmoor, most people either want to farm Yevgeny NightCreeper for the Darkmoor Athame or Darkmoor Malistaire for their respective Malistaire gear sets. This makes finding a team that wants to do the optional, Gold Skeleton Key boss that is Aphrodite, a very hard task. While Sacred Charge isn't necessarily the best spell in the world, there are spell completionists like myself who want every spell for their respective class and Sacred Charge is no exception for us Life wizards. I still don't have Sacred Charge on my own Life wizard because I can never get a team going for Aphrodite. There's also not an option in Team Up to virtually "tell" your team up crew that you want to do Aphrodite because, even if you marked "I am Farming" on Team-Up, it is assumed that you are wanting to farm either Yevgeny for the Athame or Darkmoor Malistaire for your gear set. There should at least be a solution for Aphrodite, if anything. Either move her out of Darkmoor or give us an option in Team Up that portrays people teaming up that they want to farm Aphrodite (like maybe give us a "Gold Skeleton Key" checkbox or something so if you have the checkbox checked, people will know you are wanting to do Aphrodite and answer your team up accordingly).

-Also to sort of "tag on" to this post, if they could also add recipes for the new Celestian Spells, that'd be great too (Nautilus Unleashed, Ship of Fools, Celestial Intervention, and Spiritual Tribunal) but again, at least getting rid of Aphrodite from Darkmoor so people can actually get teams going to farm her would be a step in the right direction in terms of adding crafting recipes to some of the optional spells in the game.

Hope to see ya around in the Spiral!

Blaze DreamBlade (Master of Myth and Monsters)
Blaze StormSword (Master of Storm and Lightning)
Blaze StarBlade (Master of Life and Nature)
Blaze MoonCloud (Master of Fire and Burning)
Blaze CrowWraith (Master of Death and the Dark Arts)
"there are spell completionists like myself who want every spell for their respective class"

What about "spell hoarders" such as myself? I want every permanent spell that I can get, and with the exception of the last three, I have all the ones that can be crafted (at least all but three that you can get from both of the spell recipe vendors). I would absolutely love to be able to craft all the bonus spells that can be obtained without training points regardless of the players school or level. Would definitely give me something to use my 322 amber on.