Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Help this make sense to me please.

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 08, 2009
Can someone please explain to me how I return to playing this game after 4 years, and PvP is so ridiculously broken, that at 500 Rating (The starting rating mind you) as a Level 50 Ice, I load into a Level 50 Ice that is 2000 rating, then the next game I load into a Level 98 storm that is 4-1. I'm not sure what changes were made recently to matchmaking but I just feel like these matches are not fair. (Level 98 Storm with a higher rating than me as a Level 50 Ice)

Delver
Mar 09, 2018
CapnJackJarvis on Jan 4, 2021 wrote:
Can someone please explain to me how I return to playing this game after 4 years, and PvP is so ridiculously broken, that at 500 Rating (The starting rating mind you) as a Level 50 Ice, I load into a Level 50 Ice that is 2000 rating, then the next game I load into a Level 98 storm that is 4-1. I'm not sure what changes were made recently to matchmaking but I just feel like these matches are not fair. (Level 98 Storm with a higher rating than me as a Level 50 Ice)
game's sauced 99 is the only viable level at that level range unless you're doing the crit gear glitch which is basically painting a sign on your back saying "I rely on broken game bugs to win"

Survivor
Jan 10, 2009
I had the same questions and issues when I started back into the game. Your best bet is to dive into PvE and grind out the levels and gear that you need first. PvP is no longer solely based around your skill. You're gonna need some of the best gear and to be the proper level for your tier in order to succeed.