Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Pet, mount, and stitching aesthetic

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 26, 2014
Heyo all,

The one thing I’ve noticed that other people like me want is cool pet appearances (and mounts). However, the cool looking pets and mounts are basically impractical when striving for strong gear. There is no incentive to using the cute or cool pets anymore. An example would be when the primeval pack got released, players feel forced to use the set effect of the wand and the pet only to gain more damage.

So here is my suggestion (to avoid any weird things going on like the concept of “stitching pets” which is what this basically is but a more advanced and more humane version).

I suggest a pet fusion mechanic where you can fuse two pets but end up with one pet’s looks (not stats or cards).
Fused pets can hatch with other pets but the genes used for the hatch is with the one that has the stats.
Reversing fusion should also be a thing so you can fuse something else on. When you undergo the expensive fusion function, I would like to point out that perhaps it would be a nice function if you could choose the 5 new stats specific to the fusion between both pets to get the optimal stats you want. Both pets will require to be Mega to be allowed to fuse so players would have to work a bit for it.

Regardless if a fused pet is under an aesthetic or stat, only one pet is allowed to be chosen for the set effect function at a time (so it can be switched)

The same thing applies to mounts. Ghultures or the (Primeval) [ ]ompy type mounts are mounts that have stat attached to them and force many players to use them for extra damage. To avoid seeing so many repetitive mounts going around for the strong players, the fusion thing suggested for pets should be done for mounts as well. A base mount for stats and a “cover” mount which would be what we see the players on.

I want to discuss stitching now.

I’m one of those players who is VERY avid into stitching unique clothing and I stitch A LOT.
The problem that comes into play is that when you are a loyal player who strives to aim for strong stats to change looks on your gear by stitching is that you end up stitching and unstitching a lot which in the current modern meta is outdated and a turn off.

I would like to remind KI that Wizard101 is a place for people to show self expression (enjoying showing how you wanna look while having fun questing or playing etc), through choosing their favorite schools to play, dyeing their clothes (in which I should mention you should bring back the color pink for guys, or even introduce a new massive array of colours to be able to dye because the options right now are severely limited).

The suggestions I would like to give out is that first of all, the stitching mechanic needs to be replaced (it could be kept but ...). Other MMOs have their own systems where there is a “cover” up feature as to not be destructive with the clothing. Terms from other games would include things like mannequins (to cover equip), outer appearance, equipment covers etc. This means that there are different (set of) “slots” where players could equip the clothing of their desired choice to “cover” up their stat/battle gear FREELY. For example, you guys could create one set of FREE slots that players could create their optimal covers that operate independently from the gear they are wearing for stat or energy gear. And if players want to have more slots to “save” their looks, they could purchase more with an expand clothing slot elixir (up to around 5 which should be a good number to go to unless players want more).

Now I mentioned dyeing clothing earlier and that’s because there REALLY are not enough colours. For example, I prefer an indigo color for my storm wizard, but that’s severely limited in options especially with the uneven unbalanced primary and secondary color. Something you could do to make more room for colors is to have a primary and secondary “tab” so you could put much more colors for us to pick from. Another thing is that the HAIR wigs from the crown shop have a SEVERELY limited palette of colors for you to choose from. I would really like an indigo color for my storm wizard’s hair or like a nice “ocean” blue color for my ice wizard instead of an ugly turquoise that would clash with the soft blue sky colors of my ice wizard’s clothing. Again, just give us like double the amount of options and fix the saturation on the colors of the hair because it doesn’t really fit with the better magic mirror function that makes our characters look more natural. Some people like me really despise hats so the wigs having a greater variety of colors would really be nice. Another thing you could do is if you implement the massive array of dyeing color options, the wigs themselves should ALSO be allowed to change colors (since there are limitations to them being unable to be dyed).

I hope you guys take EVERYTHING I spoke about seriously because fashion in MMOs is a thing and you guys need WAY better choices than what exists. The new character customization on the face with the Magic Mirror this year was one of the most pleasant updates in aesthetics (I can speak for a lot of players that this was a very happy wonderful update especially making the face changes free). But you guys must keep going on with that with giving us all more options. There is a problem with people looking too similar nowadays and if you could give everyone more creative liberties with their aesthetic choices, everyone can be the best themselves the way they wanna show themselves.

Speaking of creative liberties, there needs to be a name changing function. Some people have created silly names way back when the game started in which it would be an absolute waste to restart the character just to get the name they want. There should be a name changing elixir that lets people do that (I REALLY don’t mind paying “much” to do this) and when they do change their names, all their friends on their friend’s list will be notified that their friends changed their name. There should be a cool down of at least 3 months per character of a name change to prevent trolling and etc.

I wanna hear the communities thoughts on these ideas. Because I certainly would like to have more options for self expression and this is an IMPORTANT idea that keeps people to continue playing the game. I cannot stress how important this is.

Survivor
Jun 05, 2010
I'm honestly shocked KI has never decided to implement pet stitching. People have been suggesting it on this message board since 2011. I've never once seen someone from KI respond with a reason why the feature is being ignored. Logically, it can only make them more money. Just like with any other stitch, we would have to pay crowns to stitch pets. It would also incentivize people to hatch more in the kiosk to get more cool looking pets. As of right now, people usually find a pet with good talents/spells and stick with that. If you could stitch pets, you would hatch a bunch of pets in order to mix and match pets and outfits. It's frustrating to almost always have to use class pets (or their hybrids) because those are often the best pets. Now that pets contribute to set bonuses, you have even less choice on the appearance of your pet.
Considering I'm the only commenter and your post has been up for days, I doubt KI has too much interest in what you're saying, but I wholeheartedly agree with you. All I can say is that I hope eventually enough people will advocate for pet stitching that KI realizes the benefits of such an option.

Explorer
Jun 29, 2011
KandiKane458 on Nov 29, 2020 wrote:
I'm honestly shocked KI has never decided to implement pet stitching. People have been suggesting it on this message board since 2011. I've never once seen someone from KI respond with a reason why the feature is being ignored. Logically, it can only make them more money. Just like with any other stitch, we would have to pay crowns to stitch pets. It would also incentivize people to hatch more in the kiosk to get more cool looking pets. As of right now, people usually find a pet with good talents/spells and stick with that. If you could stitch pets, you would hatch a bunch of pets in order to mix and match pets and outfits. It's frustrating to almost always have to use class pets (or their hybrids) because those are often the best pets. Now that pets contribute to set bonuses, you have even less choice on the appearance of your pet.
Considering I'm the only commenter and your post has been up for days, I doubt KI has too much interest in what you're saying, but I wholeheartedly agree with you. All I can say is that I hope eventually enough people will advocate for pet stitching that KI realizes the benefits of such an option.
This! I would love to have the look of certain pets over the stats of some bland looking ones i've got.

Stitchable Mounts would be cool too, with the new stats that some mounts have got.

But they haven't implemented Pet stitching so why would they add Mount Stitching

Defender
Jul 26, 2012
I'd love to see mount stitching happen. I use a ghulture for the damage bonus, but I'd much rather put that damage bonus on another mount of my choosing. Same for the outgoing healing bonus on the mini mammoth. I think a lot of players would spend crowns on just like regular regular stitching so it would be worth KI's while to look into.

As for pet stitching... well, they've probably never implemented it because you can technically change the talents on a pet already. But this does overlook the cards that a pet has attached to it's "body" can't be changed.

For example, I really like the Snowflake pet but the card it gives isn't particularly useful. It would be nice to put it's appearance (and only it's appearance) on a pet I've already raised with the talents, stats, and body cards that I want.

Delver
Jul 17, 2009
pet stitching and even mount stitching would be awesome. I have a pet that has the stats I really want, but I won't use it because I don't want that following me. And the spell I want isn't one that will hatch into another pet. And even if they call it stitching it's ok. Vets heal pets and stitch them up after surgeries. So yeah it works for me.