Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Change Disruptive May Cast Spells

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jul 21, 2017
My Witch Hunter's Arbalest just activated for the first time today.

During a boss fight, in which I had already begun stacking blades and traps. It ruined everything and I had to start over because the boss ended up laying me out flat.

I...I PAID for this gear. With real money. It should be granting me a boon, not randomly tripping me up at times I have no control over.

Can we make it like the new Will Cast spells that Pets have now? Where you control when it's cast, and it casts in the same turn as when you cast your spell?

Because if I could wait until after I've stacked all my blades and traps, and then cast Call of Khrulhu or Dr. Von's Monster or Scarecrow to use them all up and THEN have the Poison stacked on top of that, it'd be much preferable.

Or perhaps make it so May Cast spells don't trigger blades, traps or prisms.

One of those two things pretty much need to happen.

Survivor
Aug 22, 2010
I'm pretty sure that Maycast spells only activate after using the spells provided by that wand. So if you don't want to have poison cast on a boss, don't hit the boss with your zero pip spells from it. I think that this is fair, as you're essentially getting free four pip spells from the wand. This level of control over these spells without a drawback like pet happiness drain, etc, would make them really, really powerful.

Defender
Dec 20, 2008
That situation is really a two-edged sword (pun intended). Maycasts taking blades can be really frustrating. I used to use the Headmaster's Doom Staff which had a maycast Monster Mash. I hated when it would activate so I stopped carrying wand hits in my farming deck.

However, by making it so maycasts don't take blades, it'll weaken the maycast. So, if you wanted to go for a maycast Stormhound play for example, it'll be a lot weaker. That gets into the situation with maycasts in the game. Some of them are way too powerful. Many of these maycasts shouldn't be this powerful. I shouldn't be able to sit on max pips in PvP and get lucky and cast a maycast Stormhound + be able to hit the next round. It's really busted.

Defender
Jul 21, 2017
Ohhhhhhhhhhh...

So it only activates with the wand hits.

I very seldom use the wand hits and when I do it's to hit shields and burn up weaknesses without activating my blades and traps, so it's mightily inconvenient.

The Mallet of the Midway has a May Cast that makes a lot more sense and isn't going to trip someone up. There's no downside to a free Shatter. It won't activate or remove blades or traps, only the enemy's positive wards.