Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Beastmoon Balancing Is a Complete Joke.

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 23, 2009
Beastmoon is a cool concept, but in practice it's not that fun because balancing is non existent. You have things like the Fire Elf mirror match being decided by who goes second, drain spells being broken because it was a great idea to have a 150 drain spell heal you the full damage when the average health pool is around 300-400. Let's not even mention Thunder Gaze being the most annoying thing since the Phlogistinator if you happen to be after the storm using it. And even this is ignoring one. simple. thing. It's nearly impossible to win if a player on your team goes missing.

Survivor
Aug 24, 2013
Hi Zekrom223444. I don't necessarily agree with you. Teamwork and strategy is definitely a big component to winning the game. First of all, a big known rule about beastmoon: Don't start the fight by yourself, especially if you will be outnumbered. Second rule- if someone DOES start the fight, run to help ASAP. Don't continue to keep claiming a base for 1-4 points where 10-20 loss of points is on the threat. Don't persevere in trying to fill up your pip count before joining as chances are, you will be wiped out the second you'll get in. Help in the fight as early as possible to try to outnumber the opponents or add some value to the fight. Because 2-3 minutes chasing pip(s) is a one minute pass or zero pip spell during a match! And woala, you have your extra pip which you've been hiking for a while.

Don't forget, a drain is a hit AND a heal. Two separate benefits. Tell me, apart from the X-pip healing spell from the life fairy, what other spell heals for over >225 HP in one heal (not including heal over times). 150 drain spell is a death ninja pig spell, which is pretty much the 2 pip draconian heal spell (without blade) and 150 damage for only 3 pips. Consider that for the life draconian- 2 pips for the heal & +50 blade and 2 pips for life scarab (which is 4 pips in total). Now you'd consider the 150 health drain spell a bargain! Yes, compare that to the 225 health drain spell from the fairy (I believe is also 3 pips), but it is competing against the 200 damage death seraph spell of the death ninja pip. Each beastform has it's pros and cons, which I just image like playing chess. You need to predict what move will the opponent make to maximise your chances of winning. Like chess, some chess pieces can move in a certain way which makes each chess piece unique.

I've won many, many matches with one and even 2 players missing. Again, teamwork and communication plays a massive component in winning. I'd correct your statement to "And even this is ignoring one. simple. thing. It's nearly impossible to win if a player on your team is doing their own thing". Which wizard101 has improved with better matching system where more experienced players are less likely to be paired with new players. And remember, you're playing against other humans and not an AI.

Lastly, a tip, use the Thunder Gaze chain stuns to your advantage, build pips! Therefore discard, discard, discard until you get the high pip spell you need. Sooner or later the storm wolf will run out of Thunder Gaze spells and would have to pass or blade- that's when you strike.

Good Luck!