Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Suggestions for Improvements to Beastmoon Maps

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 13, 2009
I'd like to start by saying that I love the new events, and the potential they have to really change the way the game works. However I feel that the real potential of the events was only barely scratched in the implementation of them.

For the Beastmoon event, while the gameplay has been greatly improved over the course of the updates, I want to focus on the maps themselves. The maps look great and all yes, but they lack a unique element that makes each game different. To introduce an element of randomness that makes each round unique, but does not make winning simply a matter of chance, I suggest that the beast moon maps have special effects that occur periodically through the match. I will list examples for the existing maps.

Mirage: periodic sandstorms that reduce visibility to only a few paces ahead, and remove the ability to see other player positions on the mini-map for about 2-3 minutes. The time is only a placeholder suggestion for all these suggestions.

Avalon: Ghostly Vines that grow occasionally in-between passageways, forcing players to seek alternate routes until the vines decay and wither away.

Celestia: Currents which can catch players and drag them across the map to different location unless they avoid them, or get out of the way before it drags them too far.

Aquila: Rock Falls from some of the ledges and nearby cliff-faces which if traveled through will result in some damage to your character outside of battle.

These suggestions could bring a refreshing element to the events as it would add another element to consider in your strategies and make the gameplay for individual games feel unique even if they are on the same map. I'd love to hear additional suggestions or ideas for improvements. My idea for this was to find ways to affect the rounds of the match without absolutely devastating the balance of the battling system.