Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

How do you make an official fansite?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 18, 2011
Title pretty much explains the question. If I'm interested in making an official fansite, what further steps should I take?

Administrator
Travis GiantTalon on May 4, 2020 wrote:
Title pretty much explains the question. If I'm interested in making an official fansite, what further steps should I take?
Hi Travis,

Fantastic question, thanks for asking it!

Official fansites are those who have been around for some time, several months perhaps, write regularly and relevant articles for the community, and are thus supported by our team in many ways.

If you want to create a fansite, you can do that at anytime! We'd love to see what your site's focus ends up being. For that site to become an official fansite, it would need to have some 'history', regular postings and the like that I just mentioned.

Let us know how we can help you get started, or if you have any other questions on creating a fansite! There are also many community members here, including other fansite creators of course, that can help you out.

Community Leader
The best way to make a fansite is to offer something different from what everyone else has done. When I started Ravenwood, my goal was to make a site that welcomed new players. I wanted to present easy-to-understand guides in terms that everyone would understand, no matter their experience level. Originality will set you apart from the crowd. Think about what the community already has and what it needs. Think about areas that the community is currently underserved. You need to know the game really well, and you will definitely need the help of a few friends that are as passionate about the game and new site as you are. Once that's covered, things like proper grammar and quality, unique images are also important. It is better to have a dedicated URL such as ravenwood.com than a sub-site such as wix.ravenwood.com. Readers will always take that more seriously. I hope this helps and good luck with your new fan-site. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Amber Ravynsong
https://ravenwoodacademy.com/

Astrologist
Aug 23, 2016
Sparck on May 4, 2020 wrote:
Hi Travis,

Fantastic question, thanks for asking it!

Official fansites are those who have been around for some time, several months perhaps, write regularly and relevant articles for the community, and are thus supported by our team in many ways.

If you want to create a fansite, you can do that at anytime! We'd love to see what your site's focus ends up being. For that site to become an official fansite, it would need to have some 'history', regular postings and the like that I just mentioned.

Let us know how we can help you get started, or if you have any other questions on creating a fansite! There are also many community members here, including other fansite creators of course, that can help you out.
Sparck,

I have been chronicling the pop culture references for a Facebook group I belong to. I am currently in Marleybone over there. I have been archiving those articles at my blog and try to get a new article up daily (Sundays off).

What do I need to do to make my postings and official fansite?