Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Change the interface back!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Oct 16, 2011
I have been playing this game since 2011 (I think?) and I have never once felt as compelled to go out and search the forums to complain about a new update. I have never had to before, KI has done an amazing job thus far giving great content but this new UI thing is really throwing me off and is honestly God awful.

Please please please please please please please please please please revert it back!

Explorer
Oct 04, 2013
The double seeds were great, but I can understand them taking that away.

MY most strongest complaint is kingsisle removed the wrenches and the regular seed drop from the jewel blossoms,
which if you look up the definition is mail fraud. its illegal in most civilized countries

I want my drops back !

The update, I can't even compare 2 pieces gear with this, its ridiculous !

I've spent the last 10 years 12 wizards building pets and ki wants me to use my snacks and energy to make them happy?

IT AIN"T happenen

I understand they are a business but the nichel and diming the community to death is way out of hand.

I support the petition 100% but my 2 wizard accounts and the 1 account I have left on Pirates already have one foot out the door if my blossoms are not corrected

We are not cash cows we're gamers keep that in mind, while we search the web for some place else to spend our hard earned money.

Victoria
Mistress of night

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
I was under the assumption that after the overwhelming responses from the community strongly disagreeing with this "change," then this would never make it to the Live Realm.

I was extremely astonished to see this change actually carried over.

Were our thoughts/feedback/comments ignored?

What's the point of instituting a change no one asked for nor wanted?

I feel this "change" should strongly be reconsidered.

If's it not broken, then don't fix it...

Defender
Dec 27, 2014
Wake up KI there's no quick fix without unrolling the new UI. Do the developers actually play the game in live realm to know how of a bad idea this is? I suggest all the developers make a brand new character at the start of the game, only using gear that can be bought in the bazaar or crafted, play the first arc and tell us how bad this UI is. frankly until you realize how shocking this is, you are not going to listen and understand.

Explorer
Jul 05, 2014
In my opinion, it's better this way.
It's so ridiculously easy nowadays to get the perfect pet. Myself and many other veteran players absolutely hated the kiosk update, so having to give up just another 50k gold for a great pet isn't a lot to give up.
Not to mention how easy it is to get 100k gold. Just go to Grizzleheim like everyone else and farm the bosses in Vestrilund. It only takes a few battles.

Delver
Mar 09, 2018
Star Edward on Apr 24, 2020 wrote:
I was under the assumption that after the overwhelming responses from the community strongly disagreeing with this "change," then this would never make it to the Live Realm.

Unfortunately we've been borderline told our opinions don't matter. There are people who defend this, surprisingly, and their only argument is that adult-adult hatches cost like 10k. Who in their right mind hatches 2 adult pets when trying to go for a good mega pet? Regardless, a patch lowering the costs back down to their original cost would be good.

Oh yeah, and having to wait an hour for my Frosty Eye to hatch instead of the 5 minutes that nobody complained about is also pretty stupid. Revert this.

Astrologist
Feb 12, 2015
victoria death mis... on Apr 24, 2020 wrote:
The double seeds were great, but I can understand them taking that away.

MY most strongest complaint is kingsisle removed the wrenches and the regular seed drop from the jewel blossoms,
which if you look up the definition is mail fraud. its illegal in most civilized countries

I want my drops back !

The update, I can't even compare 2 pieces gear with this, its ridiculous !

I've spent the last 10 years 12 wizards building pets and ki wants me to use my snacks and energy to make them happy?

IT AIN"T happenen

I understand they are a business but the nichel and diming the community to death is way out of hand.

I support the petition 100% but my 2 wizard accounts and the 1 account I have left on Pirates already have one foot out the door if my blossoms are not corrected

We are not cash cows we're gamers keep that in mind, while we search the web for some place else to spend our hard earned money.

Victoria
Mistress of night
Pardon me for asking this, but how does KI removing double seeds count as mail fraud?

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
Star Edward on Apr 24, 2020 wrote:

From what I have seen, we were blatantly ignored. I don't think the Devs even care that they messed up a perfectly good pet system.

Every change they made in the game was not wanted or asked for. I have seen several saying they are letting their subs run out and currently, there are 3 subs in my home that may also run out. All renewed yesterday but they are on monthly. Certainly glad I did not do yearly and haven't for a long time.

Delver
Apr 16, 2014
Adding my name to your petition.
I made a similar post.

Scarlet ShadowStone Level 129

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
TiffanyHex123 on Apr 24, 2020 wrote:
It's so ridiculously easy nowadays to get the perfect pet. Myself and many other veteran players absolutely hated the kiosk update, so having to give up just another 50k gold for a great pet isn't a lot to give up.
Not to mention how easy it is to get 100k gold. Just go to Grizzleheim like everyone else and farm the bosses in Vestrilund. It only takes a few battles.
"Yourself and your Veteran Friends"

You seem to be coming from a rather selfish point of view here.

What about those who don't have access to the availability of a plethora of gold, treasures etc to sell on a constant basis?

Or those who don't even have friends willing to do farming?

They don't count?
Their needs and opinions don't count either?

The ones who dislike the Kiosk are the very, very extreme minority.

It's because of the selfishness displayed by those "who find it child's play in gathering gold easily and reluctant to assist others, especially in hatching" was why the Kiosk was such a welcomed addition.

Yes, the 50K Gold is easy, easy to those who possess the resources to gather such an amount on a constant basis.

But lower level/new players are just a part of the community as veterans as well.

They shouldn't feel like they are being forgotten about.

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
The hatch timers alongside the time pet eggs now take to hatch is also a very unwelcomed change.

Is this a sly attempt to get persons to utilize hatch resetting timers elixirs alongside that which hatches eggs instantly as well?

Knowing they are crowns only?

And, with hatches being this expensive, gathering the peppers needed to craft the elixirs will also take even that much longer.

I'm not sure as to the point of this "change?"

No one requested this.

Explorer
Oct 04, 2013
LOOKIT LIGHT"Pardon me for asking this, but how does KI removing double seeds count as mail fraud?"

I did not say double seeds. I said regular drop rate.
When you buy a product advertised to give you something in this case wrenches seeds and jewels. you buy it but after you buy it kingsisle changes what you get Mail fraud/Wire fraud

I would appreciate kingsisle not hiding behind their attorneys and do the right thing

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
I just found this bit of info on finalbastion.com..... The comment that warranted this response was:" Am I correct in assuming the "locked talents" takes up one of the normal talent slots."" In my opinion, this makes the pet update even worse.

To keep it simple:
– they take up one of your slots like any other talent
– both spells can be cast on the same round, BUT first goes your spell and then your pet’s spell
– pip consumption is currently unknown as we couldn’t manage to unlock any talents that require pips on test realm
We will update as soon as we have more info

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
TiffanyHex123 on Apr 24, 2020 wrote:
You may be a veteran player but I think you overlooked the point that @Star Edward as myself are veteran players. In case you have not checked other platforms in regards to the Pet updates, I would suggest you check out the posts on wizard101central.com

This has been one of the worst updates ever. NO one asked for any changes to the pet system..... Many of us have hatched and trained more pets since the Kiosk was place in the game. Now, there are very few that are hatching any pets at all.

Survivor
Jun 18, 2014
I have never spoke my mind in the wizard community until now. This update is absolutely ridiculous. Getting and leveling pets is 100 times harder now. The new item viewing feature is absolutely garbage as well! The Wizard 101 admins need to start getting their stuff together and listening to the community, or they won't have a community to listen to anymore!

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
I feel like this only will annoy players.

When you are first into the game hatching pets in the first place seems like a daunting task it took forever to get my first 30,000 gold. A new player now has to get triple that?

The veteran pet people are now also going to be annoyed because now they just have to do more grinding than what they already had to do anyway.

Administrator
Closing this thread to focus the discussion in the following link by Professor Falmea. Please be sure to read her message in its entirety before responding. Thanks!

https://www.wizard101.com/forum/ravenwood-commons/item-ui-changes-8ad6a42771a0eddf0171a933aba625c5?page=1