Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Change the interface back!

AuthorMessage
Defender
Dec 27, 2014
Dear God, please change the update to seeing gear in game. Please return it back to it's original state. It confusing, annoying, and needlessly time consuming. I want to be able to see things quickly and easily how it was before this spring update. BTW it's the worst update in the 8 years I've been playing Wizard101 and I haven't even touched on the pet kiosk changes, costs and egg timers. How on earth you think this is going to help new players when you current player base are all unhappy and confused by it. The mind boggles how you think this is an improvement. Please sort this out. If not I will have to re-evaluate if I wish to continue playing. I currently have 2 memberships which isn't cheap.

Survivor
Dec 13, 2015
I noticed when I started playing today that when I went to look at my gear, the way stats and cards were displayed was different and now required me to click to see the other parts. As someone who likes to see everything on one screen, is there perhaps a way to revert it back to how it was before or could an option like that be made?

Survivor
Jun 01, 2019
We can't see jewels or items cards anymore without having to click 3-4 buttons. How is this "intuitive" or an improvement. Buying amulets from the bazaar for example is almost impossible when it takes 5 seconds to see the cards of one amulet. It's extremely clunky and it'd be nice if we could have the option to display it the "old" way. Please, it's giving me and many others headaches trying to navigate a menu that was once already a beautiful interface.

Explorer
Jun 06, 2009
I just don't see the point of hiding the jewel bonuses + spells... I know personally I have multiple of the same items differentiated by what jewels I've put in them, so having to go in a right-click each one before finding the one I want to use (whereas before I could just hover the mouse over them and see it right away) is quite annoying. And it doesn't seem like it's simplified the gear window at all - the compartmentalization (combined with the new no auction/crowns only/etc. icons and the "control + click for more info" that take up quite a bit of space) seems to actually make it more cluttered and confusing.

Maybe we could have an option to revert to the old UI (kinda like they did for the big Wizard City revamp) if desired?

Survivor
Aug 01, 2011
This recent update to the pets, is by no degree, a great update. This post will stand as a petition where i will say my own problems and otheres should reply to it if they agree or even say their problems. It feels rushed out and not ready for the main game.

This addition harms players. I personally have finally got a pet that maycast healing spells. Multiple at a time even. With this ive been able to keep questing and fighting because my pet would heal just when i needed it. Now my pet has to depend on the happiness rating and the spell limiter. I dont want to be forced to farm for snacks, snack plants, or fishing so i can get snacks. My pet took so long to make it just as is and now i feel penalized for making it. I spent my time hatching, not growing plants, so i would now have to grind the planting for months just i can use it for maybe 2 dungeons. Then id have to repeat the cycle. It should only apply to the will cast, not all their skills.

Survivor
May 26, 2018
Hi is there a way to disable this updated user interface in the backpack and shops as it's extremely counter intuitive to the ease of use when comparing gear. Having to go through basically a drop down menu when trying to compare jewel slots and spells on items like athames, amulets, wand, and rings. if anyone has any suggestions to make this ui more player friendly to use i'd like to hear about them cause i finally found something i despise in the game after making over 10 wizards.

Survivor
Jun 03, 2009
I was looking forward to the new UI and I know we're only one day in, but I have to say that I just cannot get used to it. It's distracting enough that I'm here making my first ever message board.

Are any other users experiencing this issue? Do any other wizards want the option for a toggle on the new backpack UI? It's making my experience frustrating. I want to know if it's just me.

let me know if I'm in the wrong, but I really miss how the game was just one week ago.

Survivor
May 09, 2009
I am new to these forums, so i am not sure if this is right place, but i had to ask this.

What to you guys think about this new item UI with this update.

I really dont like it, honestly cant believe this was approved on test realm. I mean, not everything is bad. I like that we can see where other wizards got some items. I also like that we can compare 2 items and see what we got and what we lose.
But what i really dont like is that we now have 3 tabs for one item and fact that now after fight we dont have picture for reagent and we have to ctrl + right click to see everything an item gives to us... Why
It takes so much time so check your inventory and decide what is good and what can you sell. I am sure that wasnt the plan with this update. For example I like items that give cards, but now i feel like i will miss something and just sell it. Or i have to lose too much time to check everything.
I talk to some people and they agree, but could we be in minority with this opinion? Do people rly like 3 tabs, and if so, why
Honestly if i could have some legacy button to get back to old item UI i would do it. Despite the fact that i like that now we can compare items and see where to get them. Still not worth time i lose with 3 tabs.

Survivor
Mar 23, 2011
Sparck, you are our only hope. We need the UI to go back to how it was or at least fix it to be more convenient than it is now. Think about trying to look at amulets in the bazaar, it takes 10x longer than it used to. At least put in an option to switch to the old UI. We are all begging you to tell the Devs that we need an option to go back. I don’t even care about the expensive hatching costs, all I want is for the UI to go back to normal. I haven’t seen a single happy comment about the UI. New players won’t be able to understand all of the symbols, kids won’t be able to understand how to find the information, and it makes everything harder for the people that do understand. Have the developers go to the bazaar and search for a amulet. Then they will understand.

Please Sparck, you are our only hope

Administrator
Thanks for all the feedback on these UI changes. I'm passing along your feedback to the team.

Astrologist
Feb 12, 2015
coolman3620255 on Apr 23, 2020 wrote:
This recent update to the pets, is by no degree, a great update. This post will stand as a petition where i will say my own problems and otheres should reply to it if they agree or even say their problems. It feels rushed out and not ready for the main game.

This addition harms players. I personally have finally got a pet that maycast healing spells. Multiple at a time even. With this ive been able to keep questing and fighting because my pet would heal just when i needed it. Now my pet has to depend on the happiness rating and the spell limiter. I dont want to be forced to farm for snacks, snack plants, or fishing so i can get snacks. My pet took so long to make it just as is and now i feel penalized for making it. I spent my time hatching, not growing plants, so i would now have to grind the planting for months just i can use it for maybe 2 dungeons. Then id have to repeat the cycle. It should only apply to the will cast, not all their skills.
Wait, so are you saying my pet won't cast Vengeance or Fairy if I don't keep it happy?

If so, then I have no choice but to support this. I cannot believe no-one talked about this during Test Realm.

Explorer
Oct 29, 2010
i hate this turn it back it really suks,, i want to be able to look at my gear see what kind of jewel or card it gives without clicking all this non sense shit turn it back now or im done playing this game

Defender
May 22, 2012
I have to admit I've only been on Wiz just to tend my plants. I cannot stand this UI, my partner dislikes it equally. I just don't feel like playing as it stands. It's horrible.

Explorer
Oct 29, 2010
this is the worse set up ki ever done to wizard can not see both set ups at once when your trying to change gear so you can see what you want go back to the way it was, im so sick of this i am done until you give us back our game the way it was so we can see our gear an stats at once or im just done playing an wont come back

Survivor
Jun 17, 2009
UI really needs to be reverted ASAP. I really do like the gear comparison bit though, it can be very helpful while questing. I know we're only complaining about a few mouse clicks but in reality what used to be effortless now takes tedious bits of time to learn what we could have learned instantly before this update. If anyone wants to see how bad the new UI is in action, try to buy amulets from the bazaar. Have fun comparing each one to the other to see which spells and jewel sockets they give. Give me a break

Explorer
Nov 16, 2016
I agree that this change is cumbersome at not at all user friendly. Please change it back to where we can see all of the stats/jewels/cards for an item with one look, instead of having to make multiple clicks.

Explorer
Jul 05, 2014
I think that the happiness just increases the chance of the pet casting it, not entirely dependent on it.
I personally don't see a problem with this particularly. Just do regular questing and transfer low level snacks to your wizard's pet you wanna feed, and feed the pet in stacks.

Survivor
Aug 07, 2017
I completely agree, but i feel that even more chances need to happen, so far Kingsisle has removed seeds from double gardening, raised hatching Kiosk prices, added crowns as a form of payment ( and the only reason they did this is to make hatching too expensive for most players to by with gold so that they are forced to use crowns), and has not listened to consumer feedback dispite thousands of players giving requests over email and message boards about their disagreement of this update. So for any Developers that may be watching (none) i will tell you directly what we want. 1: Improved graphics 2: Double gardening seeds given back 3: Removes all new Pet update changes ( Happiness, pet game mastery, Kiosk prices and crown option, maximum of 2 pet talents in custom search, reduce hatch time back to normal) EVERYTHING!! It was all terrible. This update made the game worse! And if you would like proof, go to BlazeLifeHammer's video about the new update, then view the comments. Over 300 negative comments with over hundreds of likes each. I will leave you with a word of warning: fix these the changes, and no more negative updates, or lots of players are going to leave! Including myself.

Survivor
Jan 14, 2014
I’ve been playing W101 when Celestia was a new world and have been through a lot with the game... these new updates are truly disgusting.

KI is destroying a once elegant and user friendly game....these updates are hideous....messing with the perfect pet system... one of the best parts of the game...can’t look at gear stats with ease? This is insane...how convoluted do u want to make simple functions!?!?

It’s like having a beautiful home and a gaudy interior decorator comes in and adds all this horrible stuff... KI needs to know when to leave something alone...

... I’m going let my membership run it’s course then see where the game is at that point...there’s no way I see a reason to continue supporting KI with these needless and game ruining changes....

So sad...

Survivor
Mar 09, 2011
I completely agree with the other players in this thread. The new UI is horrible. The requirement for the user to have to open a menu to see what gear or jewels have is horrible and time wasting. The information shown in the 3 tabs is almost exactly the same information that previously was shown on 1 screen and all you had to do was hover. This change should be rolled back immediately!!!!!!!

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
I have to agree with all the others and I have seen many others in various platforms/fan sites saying the same things. Even being able to toggle back to previous version would be better than this.

Unfortunately, I don't think we have any choice from what I read on the following post.

https://www.wizard101.com/forum/ravenwood-commons/item-ui-changes-8ad6a42771a0eddf0171a933aba625c5?page=1

@Sparck, the current changes are having some bad responses from a lot of players. I don't have any idea why KI would make some of the most horrible changes in this game but I have friends who are already disabling any renewals and I am very close myself. I currently have 3 accounts of which 2 are subbed. Grandson has 1 as well. For him as a new player, this is a change that he is already losing interest in.

We all love this game or we would not be here or playing. But this takes the cake and the icing as well.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
coolman3620255 on Apr 23, 2020 wrote:

It is my understanding that the Happiness is supposed to only affect "Will Casts" and running as a pet. I have not seen or heard anything about it affecting our current pets. BUT, if what you are indicating is true, then by ALL means, this update needs to be reversed. Besides We didn't ask for anything to be done or changed with pets.

I have spent way too much time and energy for at least 36 specific pets, healing, non-healing and energy to have them not do the "May Casts" I have worked so hard on 12 wizards to achieve.

The ONLY good thing I have seen come out of the ENTIRE update is the fact that after so many times of winning at the mini games, we can now click to Skip the game.

Survivor
Feb 16, 2011
Absolutely hate the UI update. I was so much easier to just look at your equipment and see what abilities were available. No even the items being considered for purchased have to be ctrl clicked. Just a waste of Kingsisle time to create and a headache for the players! PLEASE CHANGE IT BACK!

Survivor
Feb 16, 2011
Please undo the Item UI Revamp. It was so much easier to look at equipment, pets, crystals without having to either Ctr+click or using the item. Seems a huge waste of Kingsisle time to create this headache for the users. At least give the player an option of using the revamp or staying with the original.

Survivor
Jan 25, 2018
I definitely want to join this too, because I feel like it's pointless! I have been trying to get a good pet to help my storm wiz, and now that makes it impossible! Now it takes snacks to make them happy, now it takes snacks to raise them to where I want them, it's way too expensive to hatch at the kiosk anymore, so what's the point? I don't want to play as my pet either, thats not the best idea in my opinion, if anything I get even more lag from it.