Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Ctrl-click to see item cards

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Oct 06, 2008
Why was this added? is there an option to turn it off? seems completely unecessary unless it's purpose is to add inconveniences.

Survivor
Dec 31, 2010
what ever they did, i lost 8% critical in my stats, why?
it took forever to build my life critical to 93%, now, its 85%
i don't get it, i am angry
i do not understand
give me an option to go back to my other stats or something, very disappointing

Mastermind
Mar 13, 2010
I agree.

My Life Wizard has four Morganthe athames. Two have pierce jewels, one critical, one outgoing. One of the "pierced" athames has added accuracy, the other has the Morganthe spell jewel.

I have gear sets created, but there are occasions when you want to switch a specific piece of gear - and being able to hover over "Dark Woman's Dagger" and see the pierce, critical, outgoing jewels was a quick way to know which one you want.

Unless I don't understand how to use this, it's at least four clicks (or using the socketing menu) to see the info hovering used to give me?

I *love* that we now have the ability to see what changing to a piece would do to our stats - I just don't understand why the quick look was removed.

Survivor
Nov 10, 2014
Shadow8lade. on Apr 22, 2020 wrote:
Why was this added? is there an option to turn it off? seems completely unecessary unless it's purpose is to add inconveniences.
This is probably the most annoying thing there was no need for it.. It's literally just extra navigation. I'm sharing this post around hoping it'll get enough charms and will be looked at by admin.

Survivor
May 21, 2011
I agree here with the new ctrl click. It doesn't really make it easier if anything we went from hovering over stats to clicking 5 times to see everything.... KI please change this back. It's honestly unnecessary and not user friendly.

Thanks

Survivor
Sep 30, 2019
I also agree. It takes multiple more clicks to see what you want to see and is normally what is cut from games over time to make less time spent trying to get basic information.

Survivor
Sep 30, 2019
Thinking on it more. I would enjoy this change more of it used the new screens to explain what the symbols mean.

As a new player I shouldn't have to go out of the game or dive deep to find out what symbols in a card means. What is the door with an arrow to a heart? What is the little yellow star? A power pip?

If they had clickable icons that explained this or used the new screens to explain that would be useful.....but I guess once I know it would still be extra steps for something not needed.

Survivor
Oct 18, 2011
Ctrl-Click decks are a huge waste of time. Before I could hover and see the attached jewel quickly to determine which deck I wanted. It is now a total mess since I have many decks of the same name but different jewels! Go back to the way it was!

Explorer
Jun 06, 2009
I agree completely. It seems like a waste of time, since it really doesn't simplify anything to have to right-click to see your jewels. How exactly does this make the system more user-friendly?
Hopefully KI will see how many of us are frustrated with the changes and revert to the previous system...

Explorer
Jun 06, 2009
deathfromace on Apr 22, 2020 wrote:
Thinking on it more. I would enjoy this change more of it used the new screens to explain what the symbols mean.

As a new player I shouldn't have to go out of the game or dive deep to find out what symbols in a card means. What is the door with an arrow to a heart? What is the little yellow star? A power pip?

If they had clickable icons that explained this or used the new screens to explain that would be useful.....but I guess once I know it would still be extra steps for something not needed.
They actually have a guide to the various symbols in the help pages - depending on what exactly you're looking for, it'll be in either the "combat" or "interface" section

Defender
Jun 04, 2014
Ugh! I just tried this "feature" out and I absolutely hate it. I compare gear quite a bit - sometimes I have multiple copies of the same piece of gear, but with different jewels in it. Every so often I need to clean out gear, and I keep the gear with the best jewels in it or the best attached cards. The new feature with control-click now makes it very difficult to do this comparison. Before I would just attach the one piece of gear, and then mouse over the other duplicate copies to quickly do a visual comparison in the side by side windows that were displayed. Now I cannot do that, and it has become very time consuming to do the comparison. I now have to take multiple screenshots of the different windows to do the comparisons in Microsoft PAINT of all things.

Kingsisle, please change this feature back to the way it used to be. If you still want to add a comparison window feature then by all means, keep the old way of looking at the gear, and then put up a third window showing differences between the 2 compared pieces, but don't make us have to do extra control-click steps for something that worked fine before. You didn't make things easier, you made them harder.

Survivor
Jun 24, 2016
I want to be able to see which jewels I have socketed like we used to without having to ctrl + click and navigate through this new UI, it is frustrating.

Survivor
Dec 23, 2008
I completely agree with this feedback of the new system. It is now incredibly tedious to check the stats of your gear when you want to see the spells or jewels, and especially when picking amulets you now need to click three times for each amulet to work out which spells it gives you.

One very confusing aspect is that these could be more concise whilst giving more information.

Firstly, when a piece of item gives a spell it says "gives one spell", however in the compare screen it tells you the name of the spells that are given or removed. This could easily give the name of the spell and be more intuitive whilst taking up the same amount of space.
Second, whilst this UI update is supposed to make the gear stats more concise and easier to compare, instead of displaying the information on one screen each screen is taken up by the ctrl click symbol, which has a large amount of blank space above and below it. If this symbol is going to take up the space it might as well show the spells with the new pip indicator (which I think is a great addition).

Third, I have found when gathering reagents or pet snacks that when you mouse over them it doesn't give you a preview of the card on the left, just the name. Whilst I know some people would say it is more concise, I personally like being able to see the rarity of reagents, and the effects that certain pet snacks give for example. It also seems like a loss of character here, where the card art would make you feel more immersed and be more unique to Wizard101, just being shown the name makes this feel like any other mmo.

I have heard a lot of discussion about the changes in the commons, and I have yet to hear a player who agrees with this obfuscation of the UI. However, I hope that with some minor changes we would be able to have a more intuitive UI system that is an improvement with the great comparison feature without sacrificing the quick stat overview.

Hope you guys at KI stay safe in these difficult times, and thank you for still working on a game that was my childhood.

Survivor
Apr 14, 2013
So yesterday I logged in and my UI was changed. I think it must be some kind of a bug. I really hope it's a bug because if it was intended then it is one of the worst decision to change the UI into that. What a horrible update. Change it back. Thanks.

Defender
May 22, 2012
I couldn't agree more it's such a horrible update. I wish I could go to settings and switch back to "classic mode" like when they changed the way we saw the talent pool on pets.

Explorer
Jul 05, 2014
Deftt on Apr 23, 2020 wrote:
So yesterday I logged in and my UI was changed. I think it must be some kind of a bug. I really hope it's a bug because if it was intended then it is one of the worst decision to change the UI into that. What a horrible update. Change it back. Thanks.
It is not a bug, it's apart of the new spring update.

(moving on from your reply) I have to admit that other than the interface update, this is a very good update! I think it's good that KI is testing out new things like this, but I would like there to ALWAYS be a button for us to revert back to the old version

Survivor
Dec 12, 2017
Is anyone else's game crashing when using the new inspect item location?

Survivor
Sep 24, 2012
Since the update, we can't see the gems that are attached to our gear, or the card that comes with some of the gear unless we ctrl click. This is extremely frustrating! When inspecting other player's items, we need to be able to know what makes their gear more powerful, which helps us understand what we need, and helps to know what we need to work for to get. This is not user friendly at all! We can't quickly hover over and see what we have, when comparing our gear.

Please correct this asap!! SO FRUSTRATED!

Explorer
Mar 31, 2013
I'm begging you, KI, to change it back or at least give us the option to select the option. Thank you.

Survivor
Dec 31, 2010
EmmalineWillowsong on Apr 24, 2020 wrote:
I'm begging you, KI, to change it back or at least give us the option to select the option. Thank you.
begging also, please for heavens sake, take it back!