Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Old player coming back for the first time in a long time

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 03, 2009
Hey everybody!

I'm an old time player, joining in 09. I havent played in a long time and theyve changed a lot since the last time I was on.

I was wondering if the worlds are worth buying/having. Last time I played the last world was dragonspyre.

Do you think the worlds past dragonspyre are worth buying?

Thanks!

Administrator
Scotty1862 on Apr 16, 2020 wrote:
Hey everybody!

I'm an old time player, joining in 09. I havent played in a long time and theyve changed a lot since the last time I was on.

I was wondering if the worlds are worth buying/having. Last time I played the last world was dragonspyre.

Do you think the worlds past dragonspyre are worth buying?

Thanks!
Welcome back to the Spiral Scotty1862! I'll let the community speak to your question about the worlds :).

Survivor
Jan 15, 2018
Yes they are. They add a lot of new things at first it might be a weird to get used to but once you play enough it is amazing.

As a wizard coming back after years too it is a lot of fun in the later worlds

Blaze deathblade

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
Welcome back to the Spiral!

&

More importantly, here on the Forums!

Now, I'll assist in this decision here.

If you intend on playing for long durations, especially daily, I recommend opting for a membership rather than purchasing worlds.

The game now has numerous benefits that only members can benefit one (not necessarily crowns players), so consider investing within a membership if possible.

Regardless, I definitely recommend continuing your journey!

A lot has changed, but you can catch yourself up by reading the game's updates notes here;
https://www.wizard101.com/game/updates

Post if you've anymore queries/concerns, we'll be happy to help.

Again, welcome and stay safe.

Survivor
Apr 03, 2020
I’m new( and old ) and returning also. I’m 58 years old and twice today was taunted by 2 groups of players( I’m sure kids)who delighted in telling me how dumb I am and what am I doing here? This sort of takes the fun away. I remember playing 20 years ago and enjoying it much more.It’s true that the learning curve seems steeper, but still.

Astrologist
Feb 12, 2015
Lovely1962 on Apr 24, 2020 wrote:
I’m new( and old ) and returning also. I’m 58 years old and twice today was taunted by 2 groups of players( I’m sure kids)who delighted in telling me how dumb I am and what am I doing here? This sort of takes the fun away. I remember playing 20 years ago and enjoying it much more.It’s true that the learning curve seems steeper, but still.
Sorry you had to go through that. Sadly, The Commons is whee the trolls and bullies tend to gather nowadays. This needs to change...

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
That is good news. I just hope the bullies ones will have a better atittude with repect

Survivor
Apr 29, 2020
Hello, I used to play back when I was younger with my sister and now that I'm older and about to graduate college I wanted to feel the nostalgia of playing this game again, the problem is I know the username of my old account but don't remember the password and the email that was linked to my account I no longer have. I've emailed the company asking for help if there was anything I could do but they never got back to me, If anyone can help me I'd greatly appreciate it.

Survivor
Jul 01, 2015
I have a question....

I recently bought a membership via dollars and mistakenly used my membership prepaid, is there any way i could retrieve it back? or is it like im a member for 2 months now?

Explorer
Nov 05, 2011
Moondog1224 on May 1, 2020 wrote:
Hello, I used to play back when I was younger with my sister and now that I'm older and about to graduate college I wanted to feel the nostalgia of playing this game again, the problem is I know the username of my old account but don't remember the password and the email that was linked to my account I no longer have. I've emailed the company asking for help if there was anything I could do but they never got back to me, If anyone can help me I'd greatly appreciate it.
Hmm thats rough.

What I'd reccomend is to try to contact KingsIsle support again. The staff will likely want proof of the account ownership though, so you will want to look for past payments to KingsIsle if you can find any.

Good luck!