Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Beast Moon Cheating/Grieving

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Oct 27, 2009
This has gotten out of hand.

This is about those people who play beast moon and it assists the other team to win or doesn't help
their own team to not lose. All of these should be a banned offense for that beast moon and all future beast moons.

If players can prove that another player was actively working for the other team or actively doing nothing for their own team then the ban should be the rest of that event. Period.
If you get caught twice your wizard is banned from all future beast moons!

1. Joining a Beast Moon and literally standing still for the majority of the fight.
This is a load of junk when someone says they had to go to bathroom for the whole fight they queued for.

2. More than two people telling you "Do not capture" when the points and math show it is more negative action
than positive for the team.
If you are capping when points are vital to possibly your team winning or losing and your doing it anyway
after repeated shout to Not capture just so you can get some extra points, it's selfish and detrimental
to your team and you should lose your right to play in more Beast moon.

3. When you are honest and actually tell everyone in chat that you not playing for your team since
your friend is on the other team. Obviously, a full blown ban from Beast Moon forever.

4. Queuing a beast moon and then entering and leaving right away without being part of a fight.
There are so many that just leave and it can be a complete turn of the full match.
If you leave without entering one single fight, a 24hr ban and 2 times a ban from the rest of that
full event.

5. Someone who goes in and does nothing but chest hunts. Thats greed and is Just like stealing from
the players who need the chests to have a good experience and be more productive to their group.

6. Traitors - Beast moon players that know 100% that if they flee while losing during a spiral battle that
it will give them team even more points. This can be seen as, "Oh, they didn't know" or "I'm giving my
friend a few extra points since we dead anyway."
So essentially your saying, "Well, the one million soldiers are gonna kill 98% of us anyway, so what
does the other 2% matter, lets just help them complete their genocide."

This isn't even half of what I think are banning offences or actions that are despicable. I think the ability to be
random in the game is great, but we as players need the ability to click on people grieving us and be able to
report them.

Defender
Dec 30, 2011
I know most people encounter those horrible, but a new Anti-Griefing feature is coming soon to Live Realm. The chest hunts thing is sometimes me, but that's normally when I have no other opponents to fight. I know people are saying that fleeing gives the opposing team additional points, although you get points for each player is defeated, whether if they flee or not. This is something that @Sparck needs to confirm if this is true or not.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
What about players that are just now TRYING Beastmoon? I for one have tried to get in just to see if I would like it but was not able to. Plus, some of us don't even know how to play it.

Survivor
Jun 16, 2012
On the vanishing players, do consider disconnect issues. I was plagued horribly this past week with frequent disconnects, the only thing I could do was relog game and sit out the penalty timer. I could disconnect as the game started or just a few points away from game ending. It was very frustrating to me and not a thing I could do to prevent it.

Astrologist
Dec 16, 2009
DragonLady1818 on Apr 14, 2020 wrote:
What about players that are just now TRYING Beastmoon? I for one have tried to get in just to see if I would like it but was not able to. Plus, some of us don't even know how to play it.
Here is a guide to help you out!

https://finalbastion.com/wizard101-guides/special-events/the-beginners-guide-to-the-beastmoon-hunt/

Explorer
Oct 27, 2009
-- When 3 players disconnect at once, that's beyond coincidence, since everyone on the other team is still there.
It's obvious that they all left at the start of game. Horrible.

-- On the very last day there was several people that came into many matches I was in, with the same name
and the same actions. They would run solo to a spot, and immediately when you enter the fight, they flee.
Over and Over and Over. These same two were later seen with a third person that fled before they all fled immediately in a fight against ME solo and another person in the match that met ALL 3 where HE was solo and all 3 fled his fight, also immediately. Two full matches came to an end with my team winning because of their griefing the other team. We even had a match end 0 points to enemy and my team won 112 points.
If I just want free points Ill buy them in crown shop if you could, Im there to fight and that just ruins the whole competition.

-- The great thing about KingIsle is they made the woman who introduces you to the event tell you EXACTLY how to play it. So I'm just not seeing what you mean DragonLady1818. You said you wanted to TRY beast moon but couldnt get in? If you clicked join a team, then you got in. That's a fact like 1 = 1 in normal math. If you clicked join a team, then you joined and got in unless you shut off your computer.

Survivor
Dec 05, 2009
I recently experienced something like this in one of my matches. Someone on my team was going around starting battles and then either fleeing them, or purposely losing them. When our team confronted him about why he was doing it he said that it was because he "wanted to lose quicker to get more seeds." ???? Then a player on our team noticed that a player on the other team had the exact same name as the guy going around giving up all our points. Everyone got suspicious, and one person suggested we report him. (Is there even a way to report people while in a beastmoon game? I couldn't figure it out.) The match was over within 5 minutes, as he had literally boosted their points. Before the final few points for the opposing team were gained, he made one last comment saying, "did you figure out who I am on the other team " I took a photo of his name and the message of him admitting that he was playing for the other team, but I didn't do anything with it as I assume it is hard to track down one Fred Wild in a game with so many players. I wasn't able to report him because I didn't see him after the match. This behavior really took the fun out of the game for our whole team, and I wish there was more that could be done to prevent this, though I realize it could be hard when people have multiple accounts.

Explorer
Oct 27, 2009
I also had someone 100% admit in chat the same type thing.
He actually said in chat that his friend was on the other team.

That was my first time and the last time I would let it just go.
I reported it, sent in a screen shot and captured the text
of him confessing and I got several copy and paste responses
from king isle which had nothing to do with the issue.
I was even to put that person on ignore, but you pointed out the best point.

You cannot target them and bring their wizard up to report them.

So I gotta say I'm glad you said and confirmed that there is no way
to do an in game report on someone grieving in beastmoon.

As far as a response from King Isle, the person that responded to me
said I must do an in game report and I responded that he must have
never played the game since he had no clue that you cannot even target
to friend unless the person you private message in event responds to your
private text. Otherwise, no target, no way to track or contact the person in
question.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
AtomGrounder on Apr 15, 2020 wrote:
-- When 3 players disconnect at once, that's beyond coincidence, since everyone on the other team is still there.
It's obvious that they all left at the start of game. Horrible.

-- On the very last day there was several people that came into many matches I was in, with the same name
and the same actions. They would run solo to a spot, and immediately when you enter the fight, they flee.
Over and Over and Over. These same two were later seen with a third person that fled before they all fled immediately in a fight against ME solo and another person in the match that met ALL 3 where HE was solo and all 3 fled his fight, also immediately. Two full matches came to an end with my team winning because of their griefing the other team. We even had a match end 0 points to enemy and my team won 112 points.
If I just want free points Ill buy them in crown shop if you could, Im there to fight and that just ruins the whole competition.

-- The great thing about KingIsle is they made the woman who introduces you to the event tell you EXACTLY how to play it. So I'm just not seeing what you mean DragonLady1818. You said you wanted to TRY beast moon but couldnt get in? If you clicked join a team, then you got in. That's a fact like 1 = 1 in normal math. If you clicked join a team, then you joined and got in unless you shut off your computer.
I am sorry you are having issues with Griefers. Sounds about like it was when I did PvP many years ago with a fire wizard. I am not particularly a fan of PvP in any form.

""""-- The great thing about KingIsle is they made the woman who introduces you to the event tell you EXACTLY how to play it. So I'm just not seeing what you mean DragonLady1818. You said you wanted to TRY beast moon but couldnt get in? If you clicked join a team, then you got in. That's a fact like 1 = 1 in normal math. If you clicked join a team, then you joined and got in unless you shut off your computer.""""

When I say I was not able to get in, that is exactly what I mean. I do know how to join. I don't know if it was an issue with my computer or a glitch in the game but regardless, I did not get in. No, I did not shut off my computer. My old one a year ago would shut itself down, this one is less than a year old.

I rarely have any issues except an occasional problem in W101 and that mostly during my time tending gardens. I do freeze quite often when using large garden spells.

@Eric Stormbringer, Thank you. I may try again during the current Test, not sure yet. But you also know I am not a big fan of PvP.

Fallon WinterLeaf and

Survivor
Jun 16, 2012
It appears the beastmoon server is just as unstable this month as it was last month.

I joined a beastmoon hunt, made it to the ready room but disconnected before I could even select a beastmoon form. The statuses became non intractable and a minute later I get the broken chain icon going from yellow to orange and then nothing. I had to close game as there was nothing else to do. I am greeted at log in by a message I am banned for 0 hours. What happens when the server decides to drop me again, I am kicked out of beastmoon hunt altogether for something I have no control over and do not wish to leave the hunt?

In normal gameplay when this type of connection hiccup occurs it is brief with with sometimes a slight rollback to the last position I was in that the server had. But it hopeless failure if it happens when in beastmoon. Fix your server before you hand out bans.

Squire
Apr 18, 2013
There's many instances that are out of a player's control. I've encountered a few times that I enter the hunt and was invisible to everyone else. I could not pick a beast or go through the base portal. I could read what everyone is saying but not tell them a thing. It was as if I was a ghost!

And with the new hunt going on, it already gave me a penalty of 15 minutes four times, citing it was due to inactivity. This is while I was in the queue waiting for the match to start. I was not inactive!

Regarding wanting to ban people for playing a certain way, that is not right. There are many strategies.

Now yes, I agree there are some bad actors doing what others have said. I've seen players with the same name on opposing teams. And one guy flat out told our team that we will learn he does what he wants. He would flee every match.

As for opening chests, capping, fleeing, etc, these are all a part of the game. Just because some people think their way is the right way to play beastmoon, it does not mean theirs is the only way. Sometimes fleeing benefits the team. Sometimes capping would not matter depending on the score.

There are times I will tell other team members that the fight I am in is about to end so go cap to get yourself some points.

And yeah, there can be real life people behind these beasts and real life can actually happen. What do you want a person to do if their phone or doorbell rings? Real life distractions can and will happen. Also, children play this game and their parents can interrupt their beastmoon hunt and I much rather have a kid listen to their parent then disobey to play.

Basically, if we are going to want to have bans issued, it has to be for the right reasons only.

Survivor
Dec 04, 2009
It’s not even cheating/grieving, I was just playing with my son and got DCed in the middle of the match and got a penalty warning after the servers kicked me off. It’s not as black and white as grieving, these servers are terrible and for 5.9M in earnings annually, this is a sad excuse for a server.

Explorer
Oct 27, 2009
Thank you king isle for continuing to work on this problem.

I want to add and ask for the ability to rejoin a match.

So many people are on the internet more than ever and for those that do get disconnected,
I think that if they are able to log back on and rejoin the match then they shouldnt get the threat
of a full ban if it happened more than once.

Maybe allow them to rejoin and if they can do some sort of beneficial activity they redeem themselves.

Once of my friends was disconnected and questions, "How specific was that warning?"
" you will be prevented from matches in the future"

I did it on purpose myself just to see what he meant and what does that mean?
Banned for this current event, banned for all future on that wizard, banned for all future beastmoon events for the whole account. What? quit being vague and be specific please..

Champion
Feb 06, 2010
AtomGrounder on Apr 9, 2020 wrote:
This has gotten out of hand.

This is about those people who play beast moon and it assists the other team to win or doesn't help
their own team to not lose. All of these should be a banned offense for that beast moon and all future beast moons.

If players can prove that another player was actively working for the other team or actively doing nothing for their own team then the ban should be the rest of that event. Period.
If you get caught twice your wizard is banned from all future beast moons!

1. Joining a Beast Moon and literally standing still for the majority of the fight.
This is a load of junk when someone says they had to go to bathroom for the whole fight they queued for.

2. More than two people telling you "Do not capture" when the points and math show it is more negative action
than positive for the team.
If you are capping when points are vital to possibly your team winning or losing and your doing it anyway
after repeated shout to Not capture just so you can get some extra points, it's selfish and detrimental
to your team and you should lose your right to play in more Beast moon.

3. When you are honest and actually tell everyone in chat that you not playing for your team since
your friend is on the other team. Obviously, a full blown ban from Beast Moon forever.

4. Queuing a beast moon and then entering and leaving right away without being part of a fight.
There are so many that just leave and it can be a complete turn of the full match.
If you leave without entering one single fight, a 24hr ban and 2 times a ban from the rest of that
full event.

5. Someone who goes in and does nothing but chest hunts. Thats greed and is Just like stealing from
the players who need the chests to have a good experience and be more productive to their group.

6. Traitors - Beast moon players that know 100% that if they flee while losing during a spiral battle that
it will give them team even more points. This can be seen as, "Oh, they didn't know" or "I'm giving my
friend a few extra points since we dead anyway."
So essentially your saying, "Well, the one million soldiers are gonna kill 98% of us anyway, so what
does the other 2% matter, lets just help them complete their genocide."

This isn't even half of what I think are banning offences or actions that are despicable. I think the ability to be
random in the game is great, but we as players need the ability to click on people grieving us and be able to
report them.
I'm having a problem right now where I keep getting kicked off connection, when I return, I get a notice saying that I have to wait to play again.

It is great they are trying to deal with this, but it might punish the wrong people.