Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Going first is too much of an advantage - how do we reduce RNG in pvp?

AuthorMessage
Defender
May 02, 2010
It seems that whoever goes first in PvP wins most of the time. I just got back into the game and PvP seems more RNG than ever before. Everything is based off chance - whether you get a shadow pip, what cards you pull. It's hard to change these, so I think the best option would be to add counterplay to the first-turn advantage. Grandfather Spider uses a spell that changes which side goes first, I think adding a spell like this for wizards to use would be helpful. Just an idea though.

Also I'm not sure why Kingsisle effectively removed critical block from the meta. None of the new Catacombs gear give critical block, so whether or not you crit also becomes a huge factor in winning or losing.

Adding more RNG to pvp isn't going to make it fun. It's incredibly frustrating when you lose games due to factors that are out of your control.

I welcome other users to suggest ideas to turn pvp into a more skill reliant activity.

Astrologist
Sep 19, 2013
The Catacombs gear gives critical block. It's just that it's all on items that after Khyrisalis/Darkmoor have become effectively useless (with the possible exception of the amulet). Robes give almost no offense and athames lost their power pip chance.

I think there's a sweet spot for RNG personally. A little variance is desirable since it lets David beat Goliath sometimes. A lot of variance takes away a player's agency and makes them not want to play.