Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Better battle strategy for myth wizard?

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Mar 14, 2011
I've recently gotten into Avalon on my myth wizard, and am having a little problem. Due to myth lacking severely in midgame AoEs, I've been sucked into the cycle of constantly buffing up Humongofrog, and then praying I get at least half of the monster's HP gone so I only have to do this twice. If anyone knows a better way to get the enemies gone faster, please let me know! Also, the buffs I use are Colossal (I use this one almost all the time, the others I don't always use, only if they appear before I attack.), Myth blade, trap, time of legend, and whatever the 15% damage star spell is called. Thanks so much!

~Heather GoldenGem, Level 72

Delver
Mar 09, 2018
marjoriechirp on Jul 10, 2019 wrote:
I've recently gotten into Avalon on my myth wizard, and am having a little problem. Due to myth lacking severely in midgame AoEs, I've been sucked into the cycle of constantly buffing up Humongofrog, and then praying I get at least half of the monster's HP gone so I only have to do this twice. If anyone knows a better way to get the enemies gone faster, please let me know! Also, the buffs I use are Colossal (I use this one almost all the time, the others I don't always use, only if they appear before I attack.), Myth blade, trap, time of legend, and whatever the 15% damage star spell is called. Thanks so much!

~Heather GoldenGem, Level 72
I'd recommend an enchanted armament pet for the sharpen blade cards. That or the Wandering Eye pet which gives you the Lord Humungofrog spell which is pretty good, far better than normal frog

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
Ok you use myth blade, trap, time of legend, star damage and colossal on a frog.

I'd forget about the trap and go for more blades. You're using a multi hit and the blade affects all enemies you hit, but a trap must be placed on each enemy so it takes more time for the same buff.

I'd get more single blades from gear, jewel, pet, TC. These all stack so don't worry if you can only get one or two of those suggestions. TC single blade is awesome because it can be added even if you only have one variation of your trained one available. The enchanted armament pet is also a great way to get sharpen blade cards, which allow you to make trained blades stronger. The sharpened blade stacks with your non-sharp trained one, so use one normal one and also a sharp one.

So your set up atm is:

265-325 (frog) + 275 (colossal) + 35% (myth blade) + 25% (myth trap) + 25% (time of legend) + 15% (amplify)

= 6 rounds and 6 pips (assuming 2 enemies, add 1 round per addition enemy due to trap)

I'd do:

265-325 (frog) + 275 (colossal) + 35% (myth blade) + 45% (sharp myth blade) + 40% (TC myth blade)

= 4 rounds and 4 pips (no additional rounds needed if more enemies join)

The blade stategy has higher damage boosts too and if you need to add feints in there it's easy to do. You can easily keep your deck smaller with this as well. If you don't get an enchanted armament you can switch out the sharp blade for a pet or gear item blade instead.

PS. I don't recommend doing Lord Humongofrog instead of your trained frog for a few reasons. It uses double the pips of frog, can not be enchanted, and will only use your blades once. Doing 2 frogs allows you to enchant both with colossal and use 2 lots of boosts if needed...for the same pips.

Lord Humongofrog = 970-930 damage (8 pips)
Frog + Colossal = 540-600 damage (4 pips) ..... which is 1080-1200 base damage by casting it twice

Also you can only have one Lord Humongofrog in deck. The wandering eye pet is nice for the single myth blade, but again it is only one card in your deck, unlike the enchanted armament which gives 3 sharpen blade cards.

I hope this helps!

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
Just so you know, you will be using Hummongofrog for almost all of your mob battles.

It doesn't cease here nor even at level 100.

You mentioned the issue myth has. That's one issue many wish can be addressed, but for now, this is what you can do:

Enchant - Enchant your hits prior to attacking. Use Gargantuan on all your cards before hitting. It really does help and makes a huge difference in the damage you deal.

Pet - I highly recommend a suitable pet, preferably one giving damage talents alongside a school blade. Again, this really helps!

Gear - How's your gear? Waterworks gear should be working just fine for you at your level, but always look for areas to improve.

Feint - Feint is also a very useful card. Use it instead of time of legend. If you haven't learnt it, go do so and make ample use of it when battling mobs with high health.

Myth can be good, just takes a while to get used to.

Good Luck!

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
"Just so you know, you will be using Hummongofrog for almost all of your mob battles."

This. You are going to get awfully tired of vomiting froggy.

I recommend a pet with a lower pip attack all enemy card.

Myth also has minions fairly early on IIRC, so use the minion to help you out.