Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Sidequests

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 31, 2016
I'm not new to the game at all, but I'm curious. If you do sidequests, when do you go and do them? As you find them, every 5 levels, after each world, something I'm not thinking of? If you don't do the sidequests, why not?

Astrologist
Dec 31, 2009
steveman0012 on May 27, 2019 wrote:
I'm not new to the game at all, but I'm curious. If you do sidequests, when do you go and do them? As you find them, every 5 levels, after each world, something I'm not thinking of? If you don't do the sidequests, why not?
As I find them as they usually overlap with main quests.

Astrologist
Feb 12, 2015
I focused on the storyline, so I left all unimportant side quests in limbo until I finished the storyline. I'm done most of them now.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
I usually do my sidequest after completing the main storyline quest for that world. To me it seems easier to complete them (higher level, know where all the NPCs are, etc).

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
Side Quests are optional.

However, it is always recommended you don't skip them. Why?

Training Points - Some quests such as the ones Prospector Zeke gives rewards Training Points. These are the vital points that you will need in order to learn spells of other schools.

Levels - The levels one can gain here (by doing sides), can be extraordinary. It is especially even more useful to do them so you can stay "ahead" of the game if you will in terms of difficulty; especially if you solo a lot.

Spells - Some side quests also rewards you with school spells amongst others which can be very vital to your success if battles.

School Pets - Side quests (especially in Wintertusk; world after Grizzleheim) can also reward school only pets not given to you by your own professor. Don't ignore these.

Side quests in general are any quests that typically does not have the two large stars at the top of the quest name within in quest log.

You should do them as you find them and some (especially those in Krok for example) do stack up in line with the Main Quest Line allowing you to complete multiple quests by defeating the same enemies.

So, be sure to go around exploring new areas and accepting all the quests you can and completing them!

Let us know should any issues arise.

Good Luck!