Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Strengething and Superior Runes (Deckathalon)

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 21, 2009
I'm near 1000 points in the Deckathalon right now, beaten Stage 4 at least 40 times, and acquired a grand total of:

103 Ice Runes
154 Fire Runes
89 Storm Runes
95 Balance Runes
6 Enchanted Ice Runes
12 Enchanted Fire Runes
12 Enchanted Storm Runes
4 Enchanted Balance Runes

Now the fun part:

3 Improvement Runes

0 Superior Ice Runes
0 Strengthening Runes

Where are the Strengthening and Superior Ice Runes at? Are these runes locked behind the Deckathalon packs in the crown shop? I'm already struggling to craft the Elemental Hands of Fate since I only had 3 Improvement Runes drop this whole time. Does the Deckathalon really provide us with the things we need to craft the Freezing Hands of Fate?

And yes, I also know about the thing when the community progresses the "better loot" bar, but that didn't seem to help at all yet with the Superior and Strengthening runes we need for the next tier. What's really going on with these runes?

Survivor
Apr 21, 2009
Update: After farming for 6 hours after the community got to "Best loot", I only got 2 Strengthening Runes and 1 Superior FIRE Rune. How in the world are we supposed to make all 7 of these wands when we can't even get 1/4 of what we need to make one?

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
Keelan StormCaster on May 18, 2019 wrote:
I'm near 1000 points in the Deckathalon right now, beaten Stage 4 at least 40 times, and acquired a grand total of:

103 Ice Runes
154 Fire Runes
89 Storm Runes
95 Balance Runes
6 Enchanted Ice Runes
12 Enchanted Fire Runes
12 Enchanted Storm Runes
4 Enchanted Balance Runes

Now the fun part:

3 Improvement Runes

0 Superior Ice Runes
0 Strengthening Runes

Where are the Strengthening and Superior Ice Runes at? Are these runes locked behind the Deckathalon packs in the crown shop? I'm already struggling to craft the Elemental Hands of Fate since I only had 3 Improvement Runes drop this whole time. Does the Deckathalon really provide us with the things we need to craft the Freezing Hands of Fate?

And yes, I also know about the thing when the community progresses the "better loot" bar, but that didn't seem to help at all yet with the Superior and Strengthening runes we need for the next tier. What's really going on with these runes?
I was able to achieve just over 1000 points from the Ice Deckatholon event and can report similar numbers. I've yet to see anyone in game with the Freezing Hands of Fate either for that matter. I know that Sparck said that all loot has been always available, but I either A) don't think that is true or B) think that some of the drop rates need to be increased a little. I mean 0 of the Superior and Strengthening Runes and you need about 15 to craft anything? I feel that something is up. (was also a little annoyed because the top tier thing for reaching 570 points was supposed to be a Superior Ice Rune and we got the Enchanted Ice Rune variety (tier lower). I also didn't notice a quality of loot change, but that's just me.

Astrologist
Dec 31, 2009
I would love to see an answer to this, as far as I can tell they do not exist.

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
I pondered for quite some time why these reagents were this difficult to obtain.

But I thought to myself that after the community progress bar will be an acceptable amount, then these reagents should be more readily available to us via drops.

To my surprise and dismay, this did not seem to be the case.

While I see the point of allowing some reagents to be harder to obtain than some, these reagents cannot be placed in a category of "impossible" to obtain.

That's ridiculous in that case.

Hence, another suggestion for the next deckathalon event will be a massive look at this aspect.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
I'm willing to bet those particular runes are dropped by the remaining six stages that were not implemented into the game yet.

Survivor
Jul 03, 2009
I ended up with around 8500 points and didn't get a single superior ice rune nor strengthening rune.

Overall my total was:

854 Balance runes
465 Augmentation Runes
97 Enhanced Balance Runes
182 Enhanced Fire Runes
78 Enhanced Storm Runes
84 Enhanced ice Runes
1002 Fire Runes
935 Ice Runes
49 Improvement Runes
877 Storm Runes
21 Ultimate Runes (Reward for 15th place)

Would be much easier if we could just craft the superior and strengthening runes, I got plenty of reagents. lol

Survivor
Apr 21, 2009
Opened about 13k crowns worth of the Deckathalon Death Rune packs a few days ago (33 packs), and got 37 Superior runes of different schools:

8 Superior Fire Runes
5 Superior Ice Runes
4 Superior Storm Runes
3 Superior Myth Runes
6 Superior Death Runes
5 Superior Life Runes
6 Superior Balance Runes

No Strengthening Runes, so that's still a big problem even if you do spend money...