Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

More houses?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 06, 2015
I'm not sure if it'd be possible, but I'd love to have it where every world has four types of housing:

1) Modest
2) Luxury
3) Crafted
4) Crown Shop

The first five worlds of the Spiral all have modest and luxury houses that can be bought at housing shops and match the theme of their respective worlds, but later worlds only have crafted or crown shop houses. It'd be particularly nice to have Burrower Burrows or Hive Cell houses (or similar) for Khrysalis and Russian-style houses for Polaris.

Survivor
Jun 17, 2013
I kind of think that having a limit on how many houses you have isn't really cool because they are spending their crowns or gold for it so why put a limit?
Blaze 54

Explorer
Nov 23, 2008
I really feel that when you purchase a housing bundle there should be NO LIMIT as to how much or how many items you can put on that property. This causes tons of problems and time switching around items so that you don't loose them to different propeties and taking up attic space and back packs. Even after purchasing additional elixer to add more furniture its still not enough because these properties are huge and tons of space.

Survivor
Aug 06, 2015
dakota jadethief on Jan 1, 2019 wrote:
I kind of think that having a limit on how many houses you have isn't really cool because they are spending their crowns or gold for it so why put a limit?
Blaze 54
There is the Additional Castle Space Elixir for 3500 crowns that allows you to have pretty much as many houses as you want.

Survivor
Aug 06, 2015
FionaDawn62 on Feb 16, 2019 wrote:
I really feel that when you purchase a housing bundle there should be NO LIMIT as to how much or how many items you can put on that property. This causes tons of problems and time switching around items so that you don't loose them to different propeties and taking up attic space and back packs. Even after purchasing additional elixer to add more furniture its still not enough because these properties are huge and tons of space.
I'd rather have items be resizeable so that it would be easier to fit them into a given room or area. Usually I don't have a problem with space except that I need to put in more furniture or other items than I'd like to make an area look full.

For myself, I'd rather have:
1) An overhead view for placing items.

2) A grid view so we can see how much space something takes up (and where no placement areas are).

3) Fewer no placement areas - it'd be nice to be able to put small rugs next to doorways like there are in NPC homes. Similarly some homes have no placement areas near the Spiral Door or other areas that look like they should be able to have something near them or other areas that look like they're clear but for some reason you can't put anything in them. Finally, water areas tend to be off limits for item, even though some items (like the 10th diversionary fountain) would look very nice or fitting in water.

4) Able to go anywhere on your property. There always seems to be some areas that you can look at but not actually visit on your property and it always drives me nuts, especially when it's a water area.

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
Indagare on Feb 17, 2019 wrote:
I'd rather have items be resizeable so that it would be easier to fit them into a given room or area. Usually I don't have a problem with space except that I need to put in more furniture or other items than I'd like to make an area look full.

For myself, I'd rather have:
1) An overhead view for placing items.

2) A grid view so we can see how much space something takes up (and where no placement areas are).

3) Fewer no placement areas - it'd be nice to be able to put small rugs next to doorways like there are in NPC homes. Similarly some homes have no placement areas near the Spiral Door or other areas that look like they should be able to have something near them or other areas that look like they're clear but for some reason you can't put anything in them. Finally, water areas tend to be off limits for item, even though some items (like the 10th diversionary fountain) would look very nice or fitting in water.

4) Able to go anywhere on your property. There always seems to be some areas that you can look at but not actually visit on your property and it always drives me nuts, especially when it's a water area.
Forgive me if you already know this!

It sounds like 2 things you might enjoy looking into are glitching and castle magic

Glitching eliminates points 3 and 4. There are some really great youtube videos to show you the basics and get you started. It can be a little bit tricky getting the hang of it, but it quickly falls into place and becomes so easy you can do 'impossible' things in the blink of an eye! Honestly, it's so much fun and opens up unlimited creativity; I highly recommend giving it a go! I totally love it and keep learning new tricks and easier ways to do things as I play with the techniques other wizards have kindly shared

Castle magic is really cool too (see Babbage Basset in Marleybone for a basic tutorial and purchases of castle magic related items). We can do quite a lot of things with it and especially when we combine it with glitching the possibilites are enormous! I'm a big fan of both and get a lot of enjoyment from them

I hope you realise this is not intended to correct or criticise your post...it is 100% because I thoroughly enjoy these aspects of decorating and think you'll enjoy them too

Survivor
Aug 06, 2015
Victoria FireHeart on Feb 17, 2019 wrote:
Forgive me if you already know this!

It sounds like 2 things you might enjoy looking into are glitching and castle magic

Glitching eliminates points 3 and 4. There are some really great youtube videos to show you the basics and get you started. It can be a little bit tricky getting the hang of it, but it quickly falls into place and becomes so easy you can do 'impossible' things in the blink of an eye! Honestly, it's so much fun and opens up unlimited creativity; I highly recommend giving it a go! I totally love it and keep learning new tricks and easier ways to do things as I play with the techniques other wizards have kindly shared

Castle magic is really cool too (see Babbage Basset in Marleybone for a basic tutorial and purchases of castle magic related items). We can do quite a lot of things with it and especially when we combine it with glitching the possibilites are enormous! I'm a big fan of both and get a lot of enjoyment from them

I hope you realise this is not intended to correct or criticise your post...it is 100% because I thoroughly enjoy these aspects of decorating and think you'll enjoy them too
Thanks very much! Actually, I'm aware of both (though I haven't tried much of either). Probably once I've tried them more I'll like them as much as you do!

It's just - and I don't mean this as a criticism - I'd rather have the areas thing built in rather than having to rely on glitches since glitches can become "fixed" eventually, which would really ruin a lot.

Thanks very much for your time! If you are inclined, what do you think of my original post idea for the world houses (all worlds should have at least a modest, luxury, crafted, and crown shop house/castle for each)?

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
Indagare on Feb 19, 2019 wrote:
Thanks very much! Actually, I'm aware of both (though I haven't tried much of either). Probably once I've tried them more I'll like them as much as you do!

It's just - and I don't mean this as a criticism - I'd rather have the areas thing built in rather than having to rely on glitches since glitches can become "fixed" eventually, which would really ruin a lot.

Thanks very much for your time! If you are inclined, what do you think of my original post idea for the world houses (all worlds should have at least a modest, luxury, crafted, and crown shop house/castle for each)?
I agree with you - it would be cool if we could move things in all directions and place them anywhere as part of the game design or game mechanics. The reason I mentioned glitching was just as a work-around (which KI decided not to patch so we could all enjoy getting creative with it if we want to)

I don't know much about programming etc but I expect it would be a big project and take a lot of work to over-haul the houses and how decorating works...so even if KI decide to do it we won't be seeing it very soon (unless it's one of their secret projects they're going to surprise us with!)

I like all your ideas - more houses and making it feel like complete sets for each world; unlimited item counts; more versatile decorating and resizing of items etc. I'd really like more crafted houses especially!