Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Ranked Housing Games

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 11, 2014
My friend and I have been playing Tag in a few of our houses almost every day for at least a year. I recently got the idea of ranked housing games, along with any rewards a player would receive for ranking up.

How It Would Be Ranked and How To Register: I don't know a lot about any housing games other than tag, so I'll focus on tag for now. I believe the best option for determining who is 1st, 2nd, etc. would be measuring the amount of time spent as the gobbler. 1st place has least amount of time as gobbler and so on. To ensure that all players spend the same amount of time in the game, players would register for a game with Eliza Windspar, the Castle Games person, then wait until a sufficient amount of players have joined before starting the tag game. There would be options for games that last 10, 20, and 30 minutes, with different amounts of players, depending on how big the house is. If a person leaves during a game, whether they are the gobbler or not, they would automatically receive no rewards. A record of 1st, second, etc. position finishes would be available either in Activites or PvP and Derby Ratings pages in the Character page. A certain amount of points would correlate to each position finish, and these points would determine rank.

Where it would be played: My initial thought for this was houses that people entered into a pool that would be chosen from at random. However, this presents complications, one of which is the possibility of some player-made houses having spaces where a regular person can fit but a gobbler can't, creating an unfair advantage. Another complication arises when we realize that some areas in a house might be blocked off using housing items, meaning a player could use a teleport star and appear in that area, separated from the rest of the game. My solution to both of these is either: Houses are thoroughly inspected by a Kingsisle official before being entered to the pool OR: Kingsisle either provides the houses or uses an area from a world to play tag, for example The Oasis or Aeriel Jungle. This would provide a unique and entertaining ground for playing housing games, and eliminate the aforementioned complications.

Rewards: I believe rewards similar to those of the daily assignments would be well suited for the winners of each tag game and ranking up. 1st place finish could receive arena tickets, crowns, or a rare item, while players in lower positions may only receive gold.

Adjustments are necessary for different housing games, but the complexity of what I described leads me to believe that this will never be implemented into the game. However, it is certainly fun to dream!

Defender
Dec 20, 2012
tige888 on Dec 24, 2018 wrote:
My friend and I have been playing Tag in a few of our houses almost every day for at least a year. I recently got the idea of ranked housing games, along with any rewards a player would receive for ranking up.

How It Would Be Ranked and How To Register: I don't know a lot about any housing games other than tag, so I'll focus on tag for now. I believe the best option for determining who is 1st, 2nd, etc. would be measuring the amount of time spent as the gobbler. 1st place has least amount of time as gobbler and so on. To ensure that all players spend the same amount of time in the game, players would register for a game with Eliza Windspar, the Castle Games person, then wait until a sufficient amount of players have joined before starting the tag game. There would be options for games that last 10, 20, and 30 minutes, with different amounts of players, depending on how big the house is. If a person leaves during a game, whether they are the gobbler or not, they would automatically receive no rewards. A record of 1st, second, etc. position finishes would be available either in Activites or PvP and Derby Ratings pages in the Character page. A certain amount of points would correlate to each position finish, and these points would determine rank.

Where it would be played: My initial thought for this was houses that people entered into a pool that would be chosen from at random. However, this presents complications, one of which is the possibility of some player-made houses having spaces where a regular person can fit but a gobbler can't, creating an unfair advantage. Another complication arises when we realize that some areas in a house might be blocked off using housing items, meaning a player could use a teleport star and appear in that area, separated from the rest of the game. My solution to both of these is either: Houses are thoroughly inspected by a Kingsisle official before being entered to the pool OR: Kingsisle either provides the houses or uses an area from a world to play tag, for example The Oasis or Aeriel Jungle. This would provide a unique and entertaining ground for playing housing games, and eliminate the aforementioned complications.

Rewards: I believe rewards similar to those of the daily assignments would be well suited for the winners of each tag game and ranking up. 1st place finish could receive arena tickets, crowns, or a rare item, while players in lower positions may only receive gold.

Adjustments are necessary for different housing games, but the complexity of what I described leads me to believe that this will never be implemented into the game. However, it is certainly fun to dream!
I love this idea! I used to play housing games all the time, but now there just aren't as many around to do it, so I don't. I hope this gains traction :)

Cheyenne StormHunter
Level 120

Survivor
Jun 17, 2013
I would agree for some of the games, but not tag, tag wouldn't be ranked, but wildfire tag and the scavenger hunter and the buffet would be ranked, but most people don't play games anymore.
Blaze 54