Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

prepaid cards

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Oct 12, 2018
Before asking my daughter how membership works, I bought her a prepaid card thinking it would give access the normally inaccessible areas. I now realize that's not how membership works. My question is what exactly does she get for that 10$ card? There doesn't seem to be any difference in her account after redemption of the card.

thanks

Astrologist
Feb 12, 2015
So far as I know, Prepaid Cards grant your character a couple thousand Crowns and a unique pet. Bundles, however, can grant you a one-month Membership, or 5000 Crowns. My guess is you might go with the first option

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
clarinetplayer5678 on Oct 15, 2018 wrote:
Before asking my daughter how membership works, I bought her a prepaid card thinking it would give access the normally inaccessible areas. I now realize that's not how membership works. My question is what exactly does she get for that 10$ card? There doesn't seem to be any difference in her account after redemption of the card.

thanks
Was the gift card specifically for membership? Has it been redeemed as membership rather than crowns (the ingame currency)?

If it has been redeemed for one month of membership it will give her:

Longer friend list (150)
Bigger backpack (150)
Faster cool-down timers - hatching 12 hours, crafting half the time of the item.
Faster energy refill (7.5 min per energy instead of 10 min)
Tournaments for gold instead of crowns
Time limited member benefits eg zero energy fishing, free training point buyback, double pet xp, double reagents, double gardening rewards, bonus daily assignment rewards, double animus etc
Access to all zones.

Access to all zones means that your wizard can go to any of the zones in the entire game. If they are not unlocked through questing then you will need to teleport to a friend because your wizard has not reached that place yet on their own. Having access to the zones is important to follow the story and complete quests. Being able to teleport anywhere allows us to help friends in zones we've not yet unlocked through questing, go fishing, collect reagents, join battles with better loot etc.

The story takes us through each world, unlocking worlds and areas on our way so we can travel there independently. If we don't have membership we will need to purchase each zone as we arrive at it (this costs a lot if we want to do it all).

To check her membership has activated the easiest way is to look at the number of friends she can have. Click on the friend button (hands at the top right), click 'more friends' at the bottom, then click 'Display Friend Count'. If the max friends shows 150 then membership is active, if not then you'll need to check the account via wizard101.com to see purchase history and find what the gift card was used for. If there has been a mistake, don't panic! Just contact support and ask them to fix it for you!

PS. I'm a mum and I highly recommend the membership route! If you have any more questions, just ask!

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
clarinetplayer5678 on Oct 15, 2018 wrote:

thanks
For a 10$ prepaid card you get:

1. A unique pet OR jewel (depends on the card)

2. 5,000 Crowns OR one month of membership

If the Crowns amount increased on the account, you selected the Crowns option and can no longer redeem for membership. Below link offers more information on prepaid cards:

https://www.wizard101.com/game/prepaid-card

If your daughter is attempting to access an area/world that she has not quested to on her own, she will not be able to go there even with membership....unless she teleports to someone who already has quested/completed the requirements to access that area (i.e. at least one person in the group has to have "earned" the right to be there).

If there is no change in Crowns or membership status, double check the code was entered correctly or received by KI's system. You should have received an email verifying that a prepaid card was applied to the account.

If all else fails, contact KI Customer Support.

https://www.wizard101.com/game/help

Delver
May 29, 2009
Prepaid cards work for either Membership OR Crowns. A $10 Prepaid gift card would give either a one month membership where ALL areas are accessible as long as they are either unlocked during the storyline or your daughter's wizard can port to another wizard. Crowns can be used to BUY areas that your wizard can go to at any time once a membership runs out.

$20 Gift cards work the same way except they offer either a two month membership or 10,000 Crowns. $29 and $39 Bundle Gift cards (from Walmart, GameStop, and KingsIsle online) only offer the same options as a $10 card because you also get additional items such as a house or gauntlet, mount or unique housing item, a 3 piece outfit, pet, and weapon.

As both a Crowns and Membership player I choose the Crowns so I can purchase those areas. Then I might get a one month membership so I can play through or to get the additional benefits. Once my memberships expires, I own those areas so I can now quest on another wizard freely and they are already unlocked.

"There doesn't seem to be any difference in her account after redemption of the card."

You can check how it was redeemed one of two ways. Go to My Accounts and it will say under Pirate 101 and Wizard 101 whether you have a Membership (bought yearly) or 1 Month Membership. To the right of that will show how many crowns you have. If you aren't showing a membership then your daughter probably chose the Crowns. You can click on the Crowns History and adjust the filters to see what all has been purchased (areas, Crown Shop items, etc) and when.

Hope this is helpful to you

~SM~