Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

The Reasons Behind All of PvP’s state (READ)

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 10, 2015
Hello,

Many people have known me as Victoria Ward. I am well known as an angel/jade at max PvP. I am by no means anyone’s favorite person, and I am by no means trying to come off as entitled. That being addressed, I have all 7 schools max-leveled. I understand a lot of the struggles of each school and have gotten overlord (1000+) on each of them. I have been in the arena for several years, and I know what has come and gone and what hasn’t and why most likely KI won’t “fix” or rectify the system to a better and healthier state like it was in previous ages and why it is dying out (I am not saying the game in itself is dying, but PvP is as a whole dying.) Wiz has become extreme. The updates previously had been very fun for most players and rewarding and this game could still potentially flourish but it would take a well-planned advertising campaign and some serious questing and level overhaul modifications.

Now we get into why it is dying. Like it or not, if it only took $100 to be good at this game, this game would be massively popular these days and supremely populated. That is severely not the case. It takes easily hundreds if not thousands to break into the higher tiers of PvP. If you don’t have good pets, gear, tc, etc., you will not remain competitive. The previous content updates pushed players to spend more and more until the point where they couldn’t anymore because it became too costly to pursue this at a reasonable cost (the zone areas easily run you $200+ worth, memberships are a flat rate of $10 a month, 10 months aka is $100.) That is just general questing not plants, gear, pets, or anything that will get you into the PvP area or even the better areas of PvE. For a game catered toward children and teens this game is extremely pricey. This is not an auction-house investment game; it is a children’s online card game (yes I had to be quite blunt there.) One may argue that they are able to farm for gear (this is a lengthy process and depends on luck) but the mass majority spend even more money on crowns for their gear. This leads into the following paragraph:

Why would they bother after all those hard hours of questing and gear grinding to enter this current state of PvP? I’m sorry I’m gonna say it but we all thought it. Shrike was a lazy way to counteract the scaling of immunities, and this unleashed havoc upon normal PvP. Yeah, there’s jades who can set with immunities in tournaments, but to be fair, I think if we were able to counteract those jades back in the day, I think with these insane shadow spells (bugs, ffa, etc) you can quite easily kill a jade, converts and strategy could exist. Out health as it is in terms of the damage scaling is so low. I know that these numbers seem large but they’re relatively not considering the sheer magnitude of a shadow-enhanced school hit in shrike.

None of this will be corrected. Why? Because of tournaments. Everyone wants to know why KI doesn’t nerf shrike or make anything better so people can

Survivor
Jul 03, 2009
hahahaa you can easily kill a jade? Not when they do a 4k satyr every round and outbubble you almost every round and spam guardian spirit. Shrike was a nice addition your wrong on that. Costly.. yeah i agree thats true.

Survivor
May 22, 2008
Sounds like the problem is jade gear.

Survivor
Mar 10, 2015
Angeling is a problem by all means - but angeling is only a small part of the general picture I'm painting here. However, the majority of the matches done are not by angels. Angels are a small percentage of the current population of PvPers (which is very small right now) and it needs revamping heavily.

Jade gear is a problem. I wholeheatedly agree with term-limiting Guardian Spirit to be used once per PvP. But that is not the root of the issue with the current state of PvP.

That said, a "jade" should exist in team PvP. A "tank" is a common concept in many successful groups because it allows for balances. This game has gone too far overboard with the piercing and damage bursting. And yes, 1v1 general jades are a problem but I will reiterate that they are not the main problem right now.

The problem lies within Shrike and the damage bursting that has gone off the walls insane. I'm speaking on a non-jade vs. non-jade match perspective. There just is too little counters to these spells that cost little to nothing to use to completely decimate an opponent. You're telling me you don't suffer from the issues of fighting lore spammers or people who constantly RNG shadow pips and spam Mirage spells? You aren't dealing with lore mantle fizzles? Or stun fizzles? I just think that it really needs some serious work because the player population on this game has dramatically suffered in PvP - a majority of it is due to how chaotic shadow magic has made this game in terms of sheer damage bursting.