Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Storm Damage Pet?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 17, 2013
I have been looking into pets and stuff recently, I am pretty new to the game and I can't see how to figure out what pet is best for a storm player who is looking for damage. I have looked a lot into the wiki at the different pet talents and such certain pets can have. I am looking for storm damage and storm critical, more damage than critical though. Could anybody please offer any tips for this? I just can't come to a decision myself.

Delver
Nov 16, 2017
I have a thunderbird that I hatched in the kiosk for my Storm wizard. I bred him for different reasons than you - Spritely and blades. He's good at his job. That pet hatchery is a good source for every talent you could want.

Alexis Dawnbreaker

Survivor
Jul 06, 2012
I think that your best bet would be to look at the pet kiosk for storm pets with triple damage (storm-dealer, storm-giver, pain-giver) and critical talents. I find that damage is more useful than critical, and it might be wise to even try for spell-proof/spell-defy rather than critical talents. Any pet that gives you an additional blade should also really help your damage output, my personal favorites are the rain core (40% storm blade at baby) and the spark beast (30% storm blade at baby). You could most likely find a rain core with the talents you want in the kiosk, but you will have to ask around for a spark beast.

I am happy to answer any other questions you have about making your perfect pet!
Nora

Survivor
Jul 17, 2013
thanks for your guys help, i think im gonna go for either a deep leviathan or storm core :)

Survivor
Feb 26, 2010
I like a good balance of storm crit and damage boosts from a pet. At the moment I'm using my Ivanenko's Tiger and he gives me a good crit boost. I'm also currently trying to hatch for a storm Ghulture with the intent of getting a more damage focused pet boost.

Honestly it all comes down to your personal preference but imo some good ones are:
  • Ivaneko's Tiger (although this seems more concentrated on crit boosts)
  • Storm Ghulture
  • Charging Bull
  • Spark Beast (can't be offered in the hatchmaker so you need to find another wizard willing to hatch with you)
  • Enchanted Armament (pretty good choice for any wizard. It gives a lot of non school-specific damage)

Taylor DragonRider

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
You could copy a nice pet from the kiosk. It can be quite time consuming to go through them all to find something good. When you find one you like make a note of the name so you can find it quicker for further hatches. Hatch with it, train the baby to adult, then hatch again...keep doing this until you have the stats and pool. Make 2 pets with the body, stats and pool and only desired talents manifested at adult. Now you don't need the kiosk pet to continue. Hatch the 2 pets you have made together and raise the baby until you get one that manifests exactly what you want. If a baby fails, hatch the 2 good pets together again to make a new baby to try.

I've just gone through the storm pets I have in the kiosk at the moment and I think my Deep Leviathan, Mister Bonnie might suit you well

The Deep Leviathan gives the storm blade straight away, then disarm and 7 pip leviathan cards as you train.

He's max stat - 255 250 260 260 250

He's manifested: Storm Dealer (10% storm damage); Storm Giver (5% storm damage); Critical Striker (31 critical); Storm Striker (26 storm critical) and Spell Proof (10% universal resist).

His full pool is (from top to bottom):
Pain Bringer; Pain Giver; Spell Proof; Fairy Friend; Critical Striker; Energizing Battery; Storm Boon; Storm Dealer; Storm giver; Storm Striker.

Let me know if you decide to hatch with Mister Bonnie and I'll make sure that he is kept in the kiosk as long as you want

I hope this helps, good luck and happy hatching!

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
I should have mentioned, I have various max stat storm pets so if you'd prefer a different combo of talents just say what you're after and I can see if I have it...I'm happy to share my pets

Survivor
Nov 19, 2010
On my storm my pet has been very helpful. I have triple damage (storm dealer, storm giver, and pain giver) and two critical rating which I recommend having on a storm pet. But If you would rather have another critical get rid of storm giver.